Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has just purchased some Glock handguns from the Little Rock Police Department. Yes they have been used but they are in good shape. You can see where they have been holstered, but older than that they are in good shape. All come with 3 15 round hi-cap mags, case, and holster. He gave $330 a piece for them. Is this too high of a price?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His brother in law works for LRPD. He got them from him. They all have the badges on the front right of the slides. They were getting new ones for SWAT.

·
Administrator
81,378 Posts
$330 is a steal. If you get one, you can send it to Glock and they will completely rebuild it with the latest updates and refinish it for you. All you will have to pay is the shipping to Glock in Smyrna, GA. It will come back looking like a brand new pistol.

The mags are worth $15 each, so that puts the price of the gun at ~$285.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasnt too sure about purchasing it bc some of the marks on the slide, and misc marks. Now that you say that, I guess i'm gonna have to buy one from him. What is the address to Glock Mr. C?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nevermind! I found it! Thanks for the info. Have you used these people? How long do they usually take to finish?

·
Administrator
81,378 Posts
I have ordered small parts from Glock, but never had to send a pistol in. One of the guys I shoot with did, and it seems like it was gone 2 to 3 weeks. I'd call them and talk to them about sending it in for updates. They'll probably want the SN and make sure it needs them.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,029 Posts
I'd be careful about sending them in to be rebuilt....if the serial#s don't trace back to your name, they may attach the guns and you'll be outta luck. Best to get the #s registered and in your name before you send them in...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I'd be careful about sending them in to be rebuilt....if the serial#s don't trace back to your name, they may attach the guns and you'll be outta luck. Best to get the #s registered and in your name before you send them in...:rolleyes:
I believe John is correct. I am really surprised they sold them to you. Because Law Enforcement usually gets a break on prices of guns and a lot of times they are customized for them at a price better than what you could get a standard one at. I am curious about how you get a gun put in your name though. Do you call the Sherrif's Dept. and have the serial's put in your name or what.

·
Administrator
81,378 Posts

Fill me in on this process. I've never heard of it before in Arkansas. Some commie third world states have registration, but not Arkansas.

About half the guns I own won't "trace" back to me. Does that mean that the factories will never work on them?? Unless Glock has access to the NCIC crime database, they probably won't be doing any "tracing".

Back on subject, jj. Send it in. Glock will take care of you.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He got some paperwork from them. He is going to sugn the paperwork over to me and thats about all I know. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Police in "enlighted" states often sell surplus weapons when they get new ones.Many times the dealer who handles the new weapons will get the old ones to sell. There is no difference between "police" glocks and the ones you normally buy. Since the sunset of the "assualt weapons ban" the magazines are even the same.
There is NO gun registration in Arkansas. The form 4473 you fill out with a new gun purchase stays with the dealer you bought the gun from. If the gun is used in a crime the ATF goes to the manufactor of the gun and can find the dealer they sold it to. Then they go to the dealer to find out who they sold it to. There is also no "gun show loophole". If you buy a gun from a DEALER at a gun show you must fill out form 4473 and undergo a background check. If you buy from an individual at a gun show you do not have to. But you don't have to be at a gun show to make a face to face purchase from an individual.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
If you buy a gun from a DEALER at a gun show you must fill out form 4473 and undergo a background check. If you buy from an individual at a gun show you do not have to. But you don't have to be at a gun show to make a face to face purchase from an individual.
Good information there, that's what I've always understood too. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the gubmint will try to outlaw face-to-face sales too. :smack:

.270Win

1 - 16 of 16 Posts