Glock 20 10 mm

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by ihateroboducks, Dec 15, 2010.

1. ihateroboducks

ihateroboducks Well-Known Member

Hello all, I'm in the market for a new handgun. I currently own a Beretta 92fs 9mm and I'm happy with it but I'm looking for something with a little more bang. I've shot my friend's 1911 and .44 magnum and I handled the recoil of these well. I've really looking at a .45 and ran across some ballistics and information of the 10mm and was really impressed. I was wondering if anyone else has the Glock 20 and what they think about it? I'm just going to use it as a weekend shooter and home defense weapon, maybe do a little hog hunting with it. Your input it appreciated.

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    I've shot a G20 for about 7 years. I love the gun but ammo isn't the easiest to come by if you aren't a reloader. 16 rounds of 10mm makes a fine SD/hunting handgun.

On a side note, I love big bore revolvers too.

3. Uncle Ted loves them!

4. ihateroboducks

ihateroboducks Well-Known Member

Mr. C, have you checked out georgiaarms.com? They offer 1,000 rounds of 10mm for 340.00.

5. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

I have one in my truck all the time. I'm a huge .45 guy and think it is the greatest round ever but I love my 10mm. If you want to spend some real $$$ look into the Kimber Eclipse Target II in 10mm :thumb:

Also I have NEVER had a problem buying ammo. I can order all I want online and get it in a few days. Plus I never try and get below 100 rds of any weapon I own (except my .375 H&H and my 338RUM).

6. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    I hand load my ammo. 1K rounds ~$140.

7. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Yea, my statement was in reference to plucking ammo off the shelf at your local WM. Online is the way to go, you can also usually get a better price online, specially if you buy in bulk.

8. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I don't have a G20.. I do have a Glock and I do have a 10mm.. just haven't combined the two yet!!!

10mm is a clique round and I love it!!! Still a variety of good SD/Hunting loads out there they just aren't on every shelf but you can find them if you hit decent dealers or order on line.

I think you'll be very happy with the performance.

9. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I've owned a Glock 20 10mm for the last 7 years I absolutely love it! My only complaint is my hands aren't like wads if bananas so the grip is kinda large for me.

10. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

i've been wanting the same gun for a while now

11. Jack375H&H

Jack375H&H Active Member

I have owned a G20 for about a year now and I absolutely love it, yes it has a little more muzzle blast and buck than a 9mm or .45 but it is still very manageable, and the Glock platform is about as tough and reliable as they come, a perfect combination if you ask me.

12. huskyman

huskyman Well-Known Member

I just seen your post, so I thought I would respond. I am a 10mm nut, I have owned three Glock 20's and I think they are the best bang for the buck out there! I would love to have a 1911 in a 10mm, and someday I'm goin to let the talented guys at Nighthawk build me one. Until then, I'll keep burn'in rounds through my Glocks. I reload and also have a bunch of factory fodder, so if you have any trouble finding ammo, give me a holler. I have found the Glock 20 to be a little bulky in the grip, but 15 rds of 10mm is a lot of firepower in the palm of the hand. Accuracy has been nothing short of amazing. My first Glock 20 was a 1st. gen. and I did't think it was as accurate as my last two Glock 20's. Sighted in at 25 yrds. they will hold out to 100 yrds. well enough to plaster my 6" steel plates at that distance. Well built, indestructable, easy to fieldstrip and clean, accurate, and powerful are some of the Glock 20 finest attributes. I will not go in the woods without one, I will not leave the house without one, and I will not go to sleep at night without one being at arms reach. Insurance, or Security blanket, call it what you will, but I cannot think of a better personal home defence weapon! Well maybe except for my Rem. 870 Tactical!:whistle:

13. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

What do you think about the 10mm colt delta elite ?

14. huskyman

huskyman Well-Known Member

One of these days I will own a 1911 in a 10mm. A Colt Delta would work, but I am thinking about a Kimber. Of course, if my ship ever came in, I would absolutely love a Nighthawk, but I could buy a new atv or good used truck for that kind of money!:rolleyes: