Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,180 Posts
I have made two post looking for land to lease in or around faulkner county.
I am now looking for a good place to bow hunt on publice land.
Any help I can get I would appreciate thinks.
Sorry Gates1 if you are feeling neglected but you only have 3 posts, say you are from So AR but want to hunt Faulkner Cnty with your BIL.
I myself am pretty picky about who I hunt with so I can understand other hunters reluctance to jump in with an invite.
I hunt as far south east in Faulkner that you can get but can only bring one guest at a time out.
I hope you can find something.
Maybe it wouldn't hurt to introduce yourself a little more.
....popgun

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To popgun, I was not looking for a hand out or to hunt on anyone esle's land or lease. I am looking for any information on public land around this area or any land that I can lease to hunt. I am not wanting to walk into someone esle's lease, but my brother-in-law and I are looking to get our own or find some public land around here that someone can hunt.
Thank you and everyone else for your help.

· Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,047 Posts
Gates I am curious why if you live in S Ark why you want to hunt Faulkner county? You would think you are in the Honeyhole area of the state in South ARk? But I also realize that just cause you live in the south dont mean you have hunting opportunities. Not trying to be nosey just wondering, I havent hunted the area you are looking at so sorry I cant send you any info but I know there are allot of management areas but as with any public area crowding can be a problem! But besides all that welcome to the site and stick around awhile and at least you will get info and maybe some leads!

· Registered
5,413 Posts
Welcome to the site G1!

There are some good deer on Bell Slough WMA. I've run into other hunters there in the parking lot, but haven't happened across anyone else deer hunting in the woods. I almost always see deer out walking the trail. It's about 2800 acres of archery-only hunting. Worth a look if you're looking for a good place to hunt in this area.

Easiest way to get there (if you're coming from LR) is to take the Mayflower exit off I-40, turn left and go over the overpass. Then turn left onto 365. Drive through town and maybe 2-3 miles past town there's a friendly brown sign pointing the way. You'll turn left onto Grassy Lake Rd, and once you cross the slough you're in. You can park at the trailhead and wonder the area on the trails of you like, or park at the quarry or any other place down the road and see what's hiding in the woods.

· Registered
246 Posts
Found this on our company website:

Email chris
chris
Established deer lease with around 5500 acres. Located 30 minutes from Conway. Deer, Turkey, and Bear opportunities. 1 membership available $400. Contact Chris at 269.2922 for more details.

<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=110446851233880100843.000453cb1031f2bdf603d&safe=active&ll=35.00694,-92.977982&spn=0.070443,0.153809&z=13>

· Registered
3,451 Posts
One reason you may not be getting much feedback on getting a lease is the time of year. Most leases are looking for members in the spring or early summer. By now they've probably found all the members they need for this year. I's start looking around real hard in May.

· Select Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
6,703 Posts
It's gonna be hard finding a lease around Faulkner County. Like was said earlier, try finding a place in NE Ark. Lived there 12 YEARS and never found a camp or land to lease that wasn't at least $10 an acre. Always had to go back home to SW Ark to hunt.

· Registered
133 Posts
G1 welcome to the site!
I have lived in Faulkner county for 14 years now and there just isnt many clubs in this county most of the guys i know that live here that are in clubs either go north to the hills or south. This area is mainly broke up into smaller farms you just dont see very many tracts over 500 acres around here. If there is land available to lease around it gets sewn up very quickly without any advertisment! Trust me i stay on the lookout and know alot of people but never find out about it til its to late:banghead: I hunt on a little 160 acre farm that i offered to fix fence and do the bush hoggin every year for them. Thats the best way in my book to get in somewhere catch em workin cattle and jump in there and help out or whatever it may be. Them old farmers have been burnt to many times and if you show some sincerity that goes along way with em. Hope this helps if i hear of anything ill be sure to let you know!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would like to thank you all for the help. All the people on this site seem to be great people. I am glad I found this site. I am looking in Faulkner because I work in Vilonia and spend most of my time there. We are looking at moving around that area somewhere. Hope to get to know you all better and thanks for all the help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.