Arkansas Hunting banner
1021 - 1040 of 1041 Posts

·
Administrator
81,532 Posts
Found him!! The original big foot.

Robert Franklin "Buster" Scott was a legend in Snowball, Arkansas. (1911-1987), a tiny remote community smackdab in the Ozark Mountains. It's not too far from Marshall, Arkansas and the Buffalo River.

6'3" Buster Scott was an Arkansas Hillbilly who lived up on the mountain and had size 42 shoe! (pic Time Magazine 1939). His feet measured 16 inches long and 8 inches wide. His middle toe had a circumference of over 5 inches! His large leather shoes were handmade by Taylor Campbell, a local blacksmith. Seeing shoes his size was something you'd never forget.

We're all born with imperfections, some you can see, and others you can't. What most people who knew Buster could see that he had a Big heart with the greatest sense of humor. Buster was a school bus driver in 1930 and when little kids would ask what size shoe he wore, he'd reply, "Two and a half. Two cow hides and a half bucket of nails."

When new folks or visitors came to visit Snowball, he would as a joke leave big footprints in the mud down by the river/creek. People thought it was Sasquatch, but everyone around him got a laugh because they knew it was him.

That joke carried on.. There's a story about when Buster traveled with the Ringling Brothers circus and whenever they were in town by a beach, Buster would go down to wade in the ocean and come back up the beach leaving big footprints. He would hide and wait for people's reactions, thinking they saw the tracks of a sea monster. Local authorities would come to the beach seeing the tracks coming in and out of the water and were just dumbfounded about what it was.

He had attention wherever he went. Buster traveled the country in the 1930's offering a peek to curious spectators for only 10 cents a person. That was pretty good gig for 1930, especially when land was between $30 and $33 per acre back then. He saved enough to purchase lots of acres of his own land.. and he got it all off his feet! Only in Arkansas.. $.10 a peek. 🤣🤣

He died Feb 25, 1987 at age 78. RIP. He's buried at Whisenant Cemetery in Snowball, Arkansas.
470DA129-0466-4B43-9AB2-7C65C4BDC20D.jpeg
4E301E27-71F0-44B3-9705-62D9C668FEDF.jpeg
30966680-646B-4C22-B9C6-366700C1CF48.jpeg

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,024 ·
New Flash: Just heard a true booger story from a reliable source.

My old college buddy was turkey hunting in the hills of SE Oklahoma and had a wild encounter. He had been camping and hunting hard for 3 days straight and was smelling pretty ripe. His scent inadvertently attracted a female Bigfoot that was in heat and ready for action.

She came into his camp and made her intentions very obvious. My buddy was very perplexed at what to do next and several questions came to mind.
1: He is married and wondered if it was technically cheating?
2: Do the prefer Missonary?
3: Had he accidentally eaten hippy mushrooms?

Right after that his phone started losing reception and kept cutting out, the last thing I heard was something about a cowgirl. I hope to get the rest of the details soon.

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
New Flash: Just heard a true booger story from a reliable source.

My old college buddy was turkey hunting in the hills of SE Oklahoma and had a wild encounter. He had been camping and hunting hard for 3 days straight and was smelling pretty ripe. His scent inadvertently attracted a female Bigfoot that was in heat and ready for action.

She came into his camp and made her intentions very obvious. My buddy was very perplexed at what to do next and several questions came to mind.
1: He is married and wondered if it was technically cheating?
2: Do the prefer Missonary?
3: Had he accidentally eaten hippy mushrooms?

Right after that his phone started losing reception and kept cutting out, the last thing I heard was something about a cowgirl. I hope to get the rest of the details soon.
Bet we'll get the full story in a few months, after a full investigation by BFRO....:)

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
Found him!! The original big foot.

Robert Franklin "Buster" Scott was a legend in Snowball, Arkansas. (1911-1987), a tiny remote community smackdab in the Ozark Mountains. It's not too far from Marshall, Arkansas and the Buffalo River.

6'3" Buster Scott was an Arkansas Hillbilly who lived up on the mountain and had size 42 shoe! (pic Time Magazine 1939). His feet measured 16 inches long and 8 inches wide. His middle toe had a circumference of over 5 inches! His large leather shoes were handmade by Taylor Campbell, a local blacksmith. Seeing shoes his size was something you'd never forget.

We're all born with imperfections, some you can see, and others you can't. What most people who knew Buster could see that he had a Big heart with the greatest sense of humor. Buster was a school bus driver in 1930 and when little kids would ask what size shoe he wore, he'd reply, "Two and a half. Two cow hides and a half bucket of nails."

When new folks or visitors came to visit Snowball, he would as a joke leave big footprints in the mud down by the river/creek. People thought it was Sasquatch, but everyone around him got a laugh because they knew it was him.

That joke carried on.. There's a story about when Buster traveled with the Ringling Brothers circus and whenever they were in town by a beach, Buster would go down to wade in the ocean and come back up the beach leaving big footprints. He would hide and wait for people's reactions, thinking they saw the tracks of a sea monster. Local authorities would come to the beach seeing the tracks coming in and out of the water and were just dumbfounded about what it was.

He had attention wherever he went. Buster traveled the country in the 1930's offering a peek to curious spectators for only 10 cents a person. That was pretty good gig for 1930, especially when land was between $30 and $33 per acre back then. He saved enough to purchase lots of acres of his own land.. and he got it all off his feet! Only in Arkansas.. $.10 a peek. 🤣🤣

He died Feb 25, 1987 at age 78. RIP. He's buried at Whisenant Cemetery in Snowball, Arkansas.
View attachment 311430 View attachment 311431 View attachment 311432
He died at age 78. Geez..wonder how many trees he uprooted all those years..??? :eek:

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
Hmm since it been so quit down here I think there a Booger conspiracy going on??????
Maybe the BF "chaser's", are getting tired of coming up empty? Heck, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while!! If you fish for years, & never see or catch a fish......it's time to quit fishing. ;)

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Then is must have been one of them magical..."silver bullets"....like they shoot vampires, with !!
No. 6mm is the perfect diameter to pierce a booger thick skin and still have the energy to finish them off. Anything smaller doesn’t have the power, and anything bigger won’t punch though.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I can tell you for sure a 30.06 will kill anything alive on the planet at the moment celt for the devil and his demons. A 30.06 180gr to the noggin or vitals is deadly period. Its not some new fangled caliber or nothing but it will kill stuff dead

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
I can tell you for sure a 30.06 will kill anything alive on the planet at the moment celt for the devil and his demons. A 30.06 180gr to the noggin or vitals is deadly period. Its not some new fangled caliber or nothing but it will kill stuff dead
Heck, most of us here thought so, too. We've been told (by BF experts) that bullets from common deer hunting rifle's, just bounce off of those Bigfoot's, like they were shot from a BB gun!! That's just another reason, we don't have any BF bodies, laying around. Also, those BF's, move so fast that it's impossible to get a picture of them, that ain't blurry!

1021 - 1040 of 1041 Posts