Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys let’s hear all the ways you prepare and the little tricks that you believe works for you during the off season and during the hunt.
I store my hunting clothes in a tote with cedar shaving I still hunt squirrels just like I was deer hunting settle in and see if the deer move in that area mark travel routes and bedding areas I find they change in later season but some hold true for me in early season

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I let the door shut very quietly if hunting the porch. Lube the windows if hunting from inside so they do not hear them.

A little mud on the windows cuts down the glare when opening and closing.
Sounds like rifle season around here except the truck version

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Exercise target practice sharpen knives and the obvious practice with the grunt tube daily and only pee in a jug on weekends.
I dont do it as much as I used to but some good practice is putting on your camos and sneaking around the yard in the dark with only the red light on your headlamp.
Another thing Ive done more recently is squatch hunt to maintain my skillset but I dont recommend it to the average guy tbh so maybe dont try that one without discussing it more over a PM.
Good luck!

·
Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
2,709 Posts
I'm no big buck killer like some of these guys, but the way I hunt is

(1) Out effort everybody else. There are still places you can hunt opening day of bow season and not see another person, but they're not easy to find or get to.

(2) Hunt the wind.

(3) Be in the stand as much as possible, but every chance you get from Halloween to Thanksgiving

(4) Don't give up

(5) Go color blind. "Sorry Sir, didn't see that purple paint. I'm color blind"

(6) Exercise. You're much more likely to get in to that corn pile 2 miles deep when you know you can outrun the law or landowner.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts