Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we ever get through with the bitter cold, it'll be time to get back in the shop and start building a few bows. I've got the materials for two right now. I just need a little cooperation with the weather, and get my shop in order for building. Here's some pics of my last bow I built in 2010 before all my health problems started.

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is beautiful. What wood did you use for the limbs and riser?
The riser if Osage Orange with Walnut and strips of white maple for accents. There is also a little cypress in the limb tips, riser caps, and on the back of the bow. The limbs are red elm under clear glass.

what is that attached to the limb at the top with the string running to it.
That is a clicker on the top limb. I have fought target panic since the mid-80's, but the main purpose for it on my longbow is to ensure that my drawlength is consistent. When I start to tire, I have a problem of short drawing my bow. This solved the problem. With moleskin on the clicker, you can't hear it, but I feel a very slight thump in the riser when it's time to release.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nice looking bow. I've recently completed my hot box. I've had my form finished for several months. Trying to get tools bought up and finish some other projects before starting the bow building. Looking forward to getting started though. Looks like a lot of fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts