Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Select Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know someone normally starts a thread like this every year but It normally helps me remember something I have forgotten or just failed to do. So what is on yalls checklist of too dos before season. This means everything from planting food plots and hanging stands to sighting in weapons or just getting your clothes washed and as scent free as possible. These cooler mornings are killing me and I'm just looking for any excuse to find a reason to be in the woods.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Daylighting Gas Boot Pipe Building material
we got a camper to put back together. Got the insulation done and it's pretty much water proof. Gotta put walls up n build bunk beds on both ends then put laminate floor of some kind down. It's been a experience that's for sure. Oh n I gotta do food plots but that's bout it. Can't do that too it rains

Attachments

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Oh man, there are so many things, and I'll invariably not get something done no matter what! I guess a few less obvious ones off the top of my head would be to continue to stay in or get in a little better physical condition/diet/exercise a little if you've been sedentary all summer. Probably try to take care of as many pressing non-hunting related issues as possible before season (any of the things I've been putting off that reliably become unavoidable just as season arrives). Things like vehicle batteries, tires, doctor's appointments, whatever. Discussing, planning, or confirming plans with others I expect to hunt with should be becoming somewhat more finalized. Just all of those things I don't want to have to think about the night before if I can help it.

·
Grand Member<br> 2006 Spring Turkey Team Contest W
3,298 Posts
Well, let's see. I remembered to buy a hunting license and not drive to find a place to buy one in the middle of the night on the night before season opens.
Food plots planted, stands set and shooting lanes cut.
New string on the crossbow and have it sighted in correctly again.
Doing all the honey dos so they do not get in the way of hunting.
Washed the new hunting clothes and have them in scent free bag.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
License and sharpen knives, fire a couple of shots, maybe hang a stand, go thru the gear bag, probly need some skinning gloves, go ahead and pack up a bag with the extra clothes, rain gear, etc to throw in backseat and leave till january. Stock up on bottles water, pb cracker snack packs stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I've got to sight in guns (which I'll probably do tonight or tomorrow), sharpen broadheads, and then just keep tabs on the deer I have to hunt. I have some good bucks showing up on camera just after dark and I think I know where to ambush them. I do need to hang a stand there though. I've also got a couple of big groups of does coming out every evening that I'd love to shoot at in early season.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Man I thought you was one of my hunting buddy's when I first looked at the post he bought a camper awhile back and sent me a pic of it gutted looked almost just like your pic I told him when he got ready to put it all back I would give him a hand he better hurry season is almost hear now

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
I'm gonna get mine and the wife's license in the morning. I gotta go to the bow shop to mow their grass so I'll get them while I'm there. Still gotta hang a stand and gonna take a couple climbers in and leave them on private land so I won't have to pack them when I'm hunting. And put a couple more cameras out I finally got batteries for. Gonna try to do all that this weekend. Other than that I'm ready. Been doing a little shooting to stay tuned up, put new blades in my broadheads and got everything I need in my pack. I'll wash my clothes next week before I head off to the bear woods. I'm starting to get excited.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
I've got a lot of preparation to do lol. Most importantly though I've got my hunting clothes ready, and the bow is ready. I haven't been able to find much free time to do the scouting I want but I already know where i'm going to hunt so not to concerned about that. My biggest priority is to buy a hunting license.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.