Getting my buck!

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by Hobbshunter, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I just got a call from the taxidermist, and my buck from October is ready! I'm hoping I can get out of work a little early today and go pick it up. I cant wait!

2. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

PICS when you get it.....:thumb:

3. taxidermydude

taxidermydude Well-Known Member

Good looking buck. One thing ya gotta remember, killing that buck in October, he probably did not have any swell to his neck. Also, i like to order my form a 1/2" smaller than the actual neck. No one can tell just by looking that a neck is half inch smaller than the original and you do not have to fight the cape trying to get it on the form, reducing the risk of slipping any hair.

4. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    That buck's neck was pretty swollen. The last pic I posted was him dead. It shrunk more than a half inch for sure. Actually, Scott explained to me that he would make the neck about an inch smaller for the detail work (Up close there are creases and detail in it). I am very pleased with his work, but if I used him in the future I would probably take some measurements and stress that was the approximate size I wanted.

5. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

Goooood looking mount bro...Congrats....:thumb:

6. OuachitaMtnMan

OuachitaMtnMan Well-Known Member

I agree with you, great work. A swollen neck mount does look better. That neck was definately swoll.

7. LedZhead20

LedZhead20 Well-Known Member

Good Looking Mount. Scott is well known for making the neck size smaller. Me and two buddies took three deer to him on the same day and we had him measure them while we were there.