Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I just had the opposite problem. I had a group of good bucks come through 2 nights in a row in July and then just disappear. I kept with it though and they all came back Tuesday evening (sept 1). That night one of them lost his velvet and keeps coming back in hard horn. They switch up their ranges when the velvet comes off, so I wouldn't be surprised if several bucks show up in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Not all deer will be on your camera, doesn't mean there not there or close by.
That is true. The bucks I mentioned earlier haven't been out in daylight. I assumed they were bedding on my neighbors property until dark and then heading to my food. I went out this evening to watch the field and saw one of the bucks come out about 300 yards from my camera and then a group of 7 doe come out about 75 yards from another camera. That was all 30 minutes before dark. According to my cameras, there were no deer out in daylight this evening, but I know that's not true. They almost seem to know where cameras are...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.