Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met a guy from S.E. Missouri a few weeks ago that makes osage self bows. I got to shoot one of them quite a bit and loved it. I was talking to his son this past saturday telling him that I needed to get in touch with his dad, he said I was in luck because he was over there for Christmas! I told him that I was interested in getting a bow from him in the spring. He asked what I was looking for and I told him something in the 52-54# range. He said he had a 52 in the truck and would leave it at Mark's house for me to shoot, if I like it I can keep it, and if not he will build me what I want!

Mark is bringing it down tomorrow evening!! I can't wait to get it and shoot it! I'll post some pics when I get it.:up:

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's my new selfbow. It was made by my friend Roger Hart from S. Eastern Missouri. It's 52# @ 28" I am not sure of the length, it says 64" string.

I ran about 50 arrows through it this evening and it shoots great!! I shot better groups with it than I have been shooting with my recurve. I can tell it shoots a lot harder as well. I am going to take it to the woods Friday morning for its first hunt!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.