Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Banned
20,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my new turkey masher.....

Mossy 500 Grand slam RT AP Grn. (should get it in a week or so....)

Gonna try to get some mouth calls from Lights out....

Then I should be about set....
Except patterning my gun.....

· Registered
14,602 Posts
Except patterning my gun.....
Oh, that's the fun part!:whistle:

Sounds awesome. I want to get a Burris Fastfire to put on mine, but they're coming out with a new version (III) that's supposed to have some major improvements. Midway expects to have it at the end of the month. Hopefully I can get one about then and get to patterning. I'd like to be done early.

Congrats on the new toy!

· Registered
6,611 Posts
Man I dread when I run out of those federal heavy shot flight control. I understood they quit making those last year, don't understand why. They are awesome in my 870 sp. High dollar shell but when you only shoot 4-5 a year there worth the cost. They will make your nose a little sore though if you not paying attention.:fit:

· Banned
20,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man I dread when I run out of those federal heavy shot flight control. I understood they quit making those last year, don't understand why. They are awesome in my 870 sp. High dollar shell but when you only shoot 4-5 a year there worth the cost. They will make your nose a little sore though if you not paying attention.:fit:
They ain't stopped makin' them as far I know.....if they have I'm gonna start calling and writing folks about some things....cause that just ain't gonna work....

· Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,107 Posts
The guys I know that seem to always miss turkeys over and over are the same ones that are constantly patterning new loads and messing with their setup. I've always believed that if you find something that works that you have confidence in, there's no need in messing with it.

· Banned
20,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The guys I know that seem to always miss turkeys over and over are the same ones that are constantly patterning new loads and messing with their setup. I've always believed that if you find something that works that you have confidence in, there's no need in messing with it.
Well.....I don't generally tinker....

I just like to check it with a shot or two every year....just to make sure....piece of mind...one less thing I have to worry about.....
but I ain't that good in the first place....impatient, a lousy caller and I smell bad (luckily turkeys can't smell).....

13,107 Posts
Well.....I don't generally tinker....

I just like to check it with a shot or two every year....just to make sure....piece of mind...one less thing I have to worry about.....
but I ain't that good in the first place....impatient, a lousy caller and I smell bad (luckily turkeys can't smell).....
There's not a thing wrong with that. If I was to get a new gun, I'd want to know what load it shot the best. As hard as my old gun stomps, though, too much patterning could only lead to poor shooting habits on my part. ;^)

13,107 Posts
Congrats on your new gun, brother. I didn't mean to come across the wrong way, and I apologize if I did. Good luck this spring. I hope you get to try that new gun out on a biggun!!

· Banned
20,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats on your new gun, brother. I didn't mean to come across the wrong way, and I apologize if I did. Good luck this spring. I hope you get to try that new gun out on a biggun!!
You didn't come across one way or the other....I stated my case for what I do and you stated your case for what you do....

Nobody got un-civilized or un-rulely.....

I'm gonna go try to play the game...FO' SHO'!!!!!

How's that baby girl doin'???????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.