Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called up 6 this moring and missed.
Got 3 in this evening and didn't miss.:rip:

As soon as I get this thing to load my photos I'll postum.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
genbullard, where you hunting in batesville? this past saturday going towards oil trough from salado near where they are building that subdivision, there was a whole mess of them in the field.

·
Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner
908 Posts
Saturday morning I filmed a buddy calling up 20 jakes and he shot one at 15 yards out of his DB. They all took off flying and I said 'which one did you shoot' about that time one fell out of the air like a ton of bricks and he said 'that one'.

Saturday afternoon I went hog hunting with another buddy and we wound up calling in 2 longbeards. They came in on a trot looking for the source of the sound. They came in so fast they were at 20 yards before we could get the camera out and rolling. I shot one of them at 15 yards but apparently I didn't shoot it good enough.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Saturday morning I filmed a buddy calling up 20 jakes and he shot one at 15 yards out of his DB. They all took off flying and I said 'which one did you shoot' about that time one fell out of the air like a ton of bricks and he said 'that one'.

Saturday afternoon I went hog hunting with another buddy and we wound up calling in 2 longbeards. They came in on a trot looking for the source of the sound. They came in so fast they were at 20 yards before we could get the camera out and rolling. I shot one of them at 15 yards but apparently I didn't shoot it good enough.
OUCH.....now burn a spring turkey tag j/k

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
I can't speak for gb, but I know that around here there were a couple of days around the end of January/early February where the turkeys around here gobbled pretty good.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gobbling better than they do in Apr. and fighting all day long.

I'll post pistures soon, getting a new computer today. If he gets it setup
I'll post tonight.

Wing feathers were strutted off square.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
Sounds good. I just saw that season ends the 29th this year instead of the 28th and luckily I'll be off tom. so I'll get one more shot at them.

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
Yeah, I posted on here about hearing 3 yesterday and ended up busting one, but they gobbled good until about 9:30. Sure wish I could get back out there but gotta work through the end of the season.
Bryan

·
Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner
908 Posts
The ones I called up Saturday never made a peep......but that was 3:45 in the afternoon too. We did hear two gobbles Saturday morning but I was at a totally different place. Plus it was cold and cloudy.

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
174 Posts
I was really wanting to go but I missed out because of work. Congrats on those exciting hunts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts