Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner
909 Posts
Saturday morning I filmed a buddy calling up 20 jakes and he shot one at 15 yards out of his DB. They all took off flying and I said 'which one did you shoot' about that time one fell out of the air like a ton of bricks and he said 'that one'.

Saturday afternoon I went hog hunting with another buddy and we wound up calling in 2 longbeards. They came in on a trot looking for the source of the sound. They came in so fast they were at 20 yards before we could get the camera out and rolling. I shot one of them at 15 yards but apparently I didn't shoot it good enough.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Saturday morning I filmed a buddy calling up 20 jakes and he shot one at 15 yards out of his DB. They all took off flying and I said 'which one did you shoot' about that time one fell out of the air like a ton of bricks and he said 'that one'.

Saturday afternoon I went hog hunting with another buddy and we wound up calling in 2 longbeards. They came in on a trot looking for the source of the sound. They came in so fast they were at 20 yards before we could get the camera out and rolling. I shot one of them at 15 yards but apparently I didn't shoot it good enough.
OUCH.....now burn a spring turkey tag j/k

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
Yeah, I posted on here about hearing 3 yesterday and ended up busting one, but they gobbled good until about 9:30. Sure wish I could get back out there but gotta work through the end of the season.
Bryan

·
Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner
909 Posts
The ones I called up Saturday never made a peep......but that was 3:45 in the afternoon too. We did hear two gobbles Saturday morning but I was at a totally different place. Plus it was cold and cloudy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.