GeoStor GPS cord.

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by RussHogFan, Dec 20, 2012.

1. RussHogFan

RussHogFan Well-Known Member

Is anyone familiar enough with GIS and Geostor that can tell me how to pull GPS cordinates off its GeoStor map?

I'm looking at my aunt's land in Saline Co. she said I could hunt. I just need to get the GPS cords of the propery lines.
    I think there is a hunting club hunting on part of her land w/o permission and I want to make sure I know the property lines before asking someone to please go somewhere else.

Here is a link to the GeoStor website: http://www.geostor.arkansas.gov/G6/Home.html

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

2. FIRED UP

FIRED UP Well-Known Member

AR
    Download the Polygons File from site below:

http://www.salineassessor.ar.gov/gis/kmz/

Once downloaded double click and it should open up in Google Earth with all of Saline County Property lines pull LAT and LONGs

:up:

3. RussHogFan

Thanks! my computer at work won't let me download stuff on it so i'll try it when i get home.

Will that let you print off the map you are looking out?

4. TrophyFishR

TrophyFishR Well-Known Member

Use google earth to pull GPS coordinates.
    Its a lot more user friendly than Geostor.

5. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

I use GeoStar all the time. The formate I used has no lag/log settings in it. All are either mapping coordinates or military. The way I do it is set the measurement setting to meters. That will put you in the mode where it will show UTM coordinates.Pull up the map, do your measurments, lay of the grids to find the property lines, then the numbers displayed when you point at or where your grid intersect is will be shown in the UTM mode. The will be X= and Y=. If you want to put them in a GPS, go to settings and set the GPS to UTM. Then enter the coordinates into a waypoint. Once entered, if you want to go back to lag/log just reset it back to the original setting and it will still have them stored.

6. RussHogFan

on the Geostore I linked above, if you right click on the map it pulls up a drop down menu.
    click "Get Location"
    Then click the map again of where you want the location.
    and it will pull up both Lat/Long, UTM X/UTM Y