Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so to all the live scope experts.I installed the garmin echomap 93sv and the live scope bundle. My question is and I think I already know but just asking.I just use the transducer that came with my livescope the gt54 or what ever it is that came with the echomap im guessing is if I didn’t get the livescope bundle or should they both be hooked up?

·
Registered
29,509 Posts
Ok so to all the live scope experts.I installed the garmin echomap 93sv and the live scope bundle. My question is and I think I already know but just asking.I just use the transducer that came with my livescope the gt54 or what ever it is that came with the echomap im guessing is if I didn’t get the livescope bundle or should they both be hooked up?
You can hook up both transducers and run each, separately. You don’t have to have the GT54 hooked up for livescope to function properly, though if that’s what you’re asking.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I was more less wanting to know if it was Beneficial to hook it up or if the transducer for the live scope basically took its place. I haven’t even got to use it at all yet.

·
Registered
29,509 Posts
Yea I was more less wanting to know if it was Beneficial to hook it up or if the transducer for the live scope basically took its place. I haven’t even got to use it at all yet.
It will be beneficial if you want to utilize the DI and SI. Is the Garmin your only graph in the boat? If so I’d put it on. Worst case you just don’t use it. Are you planning on running your livescope transducer on the trolling motor?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes and yes. Yes the garmin is the only graph in the boat. Yes I mounted the livescope transducer on the trolling motor shaft. Could I mount the other on the bottom of the trolling motor or would that cause interference.

·
Registered
29,509 Posts
Yes and yes. Yes the garmin is the only graph in the boat. Yes I mounted the livescope transducer on the trolling motor shaft. Could I mount the other on the bottom of the trolling motor or would that cause interference.
I would think you’d be alright, but not positive. Maybe @Gford will see this and give us an answer.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Put the GT 54 on the bottom of the trolling motor! You can't run both at the same time, have to choose which one you want to use! If at all possible put the livescope on a pole mount by itself!

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,309 Posts
First off the livescope is a 3 in 1 transducer....it does Di and Sonar as well as Livescope.

Save yourself some time and effort and just put on livescope.....you will never look at sonar or Di when you have livescope! If your still.using the sonar or di you just haven't fully grasped or setup the livescope properly.

I put on 5 or 6 a week...and some customers insist on putting another transducer on TM....a year later I ask them if the have ever turned sonar on......the answer is always no.

·
Premium Member
31,081 Posts
I use side scan a lot.. Espically looking for Sructure..Then pinpoint the fish with live scope..
Personally I want Both....Like a Spare tire..
But don't need it until I need it..

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
I’ve had my livescope every since it came out! I’ve had some issues where my livescope has quit and if it hadn’t been for having the other sonar installed I would have been dead in the water! With my style of fishing sonar is a must whether regular or livescope. I might add Garmin has went above and beyond in finding out the problem which turned out to be the two Refurbished back box’s(gls10) that they sent to replace the first one that was still in warranty! They finally agreed to send me a new one and no more problems!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ve had my livescope every since it came out! I’ve had some issues where my livescope has quit and if it hadn’t been for having the other sonar installed I would have been dead in the water! With my style of fishing sonar is a must whether regular or livescope. I might add Garmin has went above and beyond in finding out the problem which turned out to be the two Refurbished back box’s(gls10) that they sent to replace the first one that was still in warranty! They finally agreed to send me a new one and no more problems!
That would suck to be totally out and have nothing! If I ever start putting together a system my plan will be to have the head unit and GT56 transducer up and working and purchase the live scope and black box at a later date. Pictures from people's boat's who have done exactly this have showed me quite impressive pictures of crappie on DI and SI and livewells full, so it's definitely still very effective technology.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
If my trolling motor is in use my Livescope in forward view is the only fish finder turned on. I much prefer to use my transducer on a pole over mounted on the trolling motor shaft. I can cruise forward using my trolling motor on high as I scan 180 degrees ahead of me with the pole mounted LS. I tried using the transducer on the trolling motor shaft. It works fine if you are going forward without moving left or right. But it is near impossible for me to scan and move at the same time. If there is any wind you can't keep the LS locked on target if your trolling motor is constantly swiveling to compensate for the wind but if pole mounted you can stay locked on even if the tm is spinning in circles like Linda Blair's head.

When moving with the big motor I use a standard transom mounted transducer and a different fish finder. On my little jon boat I usually leave the 2nd fish finder at home because I generally know where I am going and will be fishing specific spots.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I figured it out somewhat. Left the book to my garmin in the truck. Tried to watch some YouTube videos on how to set it up but service was not good and it keep buffering. It was still a nice day to be out on the water. We did catch 5 small bass so we didn’t get skunked even though the target fish was some crappie.

·
Premium Member
31,081 Posts
Well I figured it out somewhat. Left the book to my garmin in the truck. Tried to watch some YouTube videos on how to set it up but service was not good and it keep buffering. It was still a nice day to be out on the water. We did catch 5 small bass so we didn’t get skunked even though the target fish was some crappie.
Not any Crappie left in Greer's..Me & Gun done Livescoped em out...

P.S. find a big school of white Bass..Will learn the Livescope in a Hurry...

Their under the Gulls... Diving Down.. crappie their to...

Good Luck..Need any Help..Give a Holler..

·
Registered
28,698 Posts
I can't foresee ever wanting or buying a Livescope. But that is subject to change. However, Wednesday I felt like an idiot with my 93SV. I have one on the front, TM transducer. I could barely see that it was "ON" but too dark to see. I figured it was like any touchscreen, I could turn up the brightness if only I could see the menu!! I fished in the dark for a while then it rained and I just gave up.

Got home and read up on it, and discovered simply cycling through the POWER switch changes the backlighting.

Duh.

Reactions: jackie53

·
Premium Member
31,081 Posts
I can't foresee ever wanting or buying a Livescope. But that is subject to change. However, Wednesday I felt like an idiot with my 93SV. I have one on the front, TM transducer. I could barely see that it was "ON" but too dark to see. I figured it was like any touchscreen, I could turn up the brightness if only I could see the menu!! I fished in the dark for a while then it rained and I just gave up.

Got home and read up on it, and discovered simply cycling through the POWER switch changes the backlighting.

Duh.
It's only a Tool in the Tool box..not for everyone...
Same as Spot Lock Trolling motors...Not for everyone...Will spook fish on our clear lake..
I fish a lot of shallow water... Don't need one.
For Deep Clear hard to fish water..30,000 Acres...Instead of taking a week to find Fish..
Now all I got to do is find the loaded Tree....
Clients only can fish 4 hours.. Don't catch fish don't get payed..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts