Garmin Astro

Discussion in 'Huntin' Dogs' started by Buckshot04, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Buckshot04

Buckshot04 Well-Known Member

C Ark
    Who all has one and how do you like it? Where did yall find the best price on it?

2. grantCodogrunner

grantCodogrunner Well-Known Member

i got one a few months ago for my deer dogs and love it,and i just put the topo map of the whole state on mine so it shows every logging road and creek and national forest,jus need more collars now:up:

3. Buckshot04

Buckshot04 Well-Known Member

C Ark
    Where did you buy yours from?

4. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

I have one that I have been using for about a year now on my coon hounds. It works great. I think I bought mine off of ebay. That was about the best price I found for it.

5. I can't remember if it was amazon or ebay but I got alot better deal there than any hunter supply store. Hope I never have to turn a dog loose without one now.:up:

6. walker34

walker34 Well-Known Member

Valley Creek sales them and priced as good as any. They are out of Texas ask for Redgy

www.valleycreekhuntingsupply.com

I get all my coonhunting supllies from them. Great people.

7. mmcginty19

mmcginty19 Well-Known Member

I bought one back in august. I bought the unit and 3 collars, topo map, handheld antenna, and a carry case and spent just over $800. I got it off eBay. It has since burnt up in a fire so now I'm looking for a new one.

8. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    I just got the same thing this week but mine cost more and I didnt get the topo map. :smack:

Can you buy a map just for Arkansas?

9. gundogs

gundogs Well-Known Member

erwincomp.com
    Cheapest price on the net when I bought mine.
    Valley Creek or Conkey's Hunting Supply will have mapcards that cover several states, but a more detailed mapcard that only covers Arkansas is available through Garmin. The state specific card shows alot more secondary roads, forest roads, and smaller streams and bodies of water. It also had better topographic information (smaller contour interval).

10. j. english

j. english Well-Known Member

b&b huntting n cabot sale them cheaper then anywherer i know ad is n full cry nice man