Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I attended the Commision meeting. These are the things that were approved and set in stone.

-Several things were discussed but notably, the Coyote season for 2008-2009 will open up on July 1 this year. Then end the same time it did this year in Feb.

-Foxes will not be limited to rimfire anymore. The regulations that Coyote and Bobcats have will also apply to Foxes.

-No change to WMA weapons at this time.

-It is also no longer required of out of state residents to purchase the purtakers permit. Only the non resident license is required to hunt here now for small game and furbearers.

A friend and I spoke with Doyle Shook about the state and coyotes and there are some promising things to look forward to. :thumb:

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sounds good, they oughta leave coyote season open year round. If they're worried about people poaching turkeys in March then they should close raccoon season too which is open all of March for day & night hunting. I could carry my turkey gun in March & say I'm **** hunting & there's nothing they could do about it. :smack: I would love to be chasing some coyotes right now, they sure were responding good to calls the last few days of February.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Man thanks for the 4-1-1!!!

I think that is great news!!! I always thought the 'yote season should be year round. Not that I plan to hun them in July, but the incidental kill is at least legal then.

The best news I saw there was about the fox requirements!!!! Man that is the B-O-M-B!!! Nothing sucks like having a well plumed grey fox blow into the set-up and not be "legal" to smack his tail 'cause you're hunting with a .223 (or any other centerifre as far as that goes)!!!

Great news and thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to represent the lazy folks, like myself; who didn't!!!

I truly appreciate it!

·
Registered
814 Posts
It actually worked! i sent them an email last spring informing them how silly it was to limit foxes to rimfires and not allow centerfires. They sent me an email backing telling me they thought the same thing. When I didn't see the changes last fall I figured they were just blowing me off. To bad they won't allow centerfires on WMA's now though:mad:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Sounds good to me also. Now I'm never going to fish again. I much prefer hunting to fishing anymore. This also means that there is no closed season on hogs on wma's if that passes right?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Not that I heard mentioned, but on public land you can only hunt hogs when something else is in season. So if coyotes open in July, then hogs would be open year round. except mabye june. Don't think a hunting season is open in june.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I believe spring squirrel is open to roughly the middle of June, so as long as you're carrying a .22mag you would be alright. That would only leave about to weeks with no season.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Turkey calls I can see, but I turkey hunt with #6's. So if I'm out there with a 12 guage #6's in March **** huntin in the day then I would be perfectly legal according to their regulations. :rolleyes: Don't take it wrong, I wish they would stop that too if you can't shoot a coyote in March.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts