Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man o' Man, I think the G&F has done got some folks fired up! This may very well be the start of the beginning of a movement againest the G&F as they stand now. Never seen such the like of goings on by reading over on their facebook page. From reading makes one wonder if anyone is even at G&F that knows what is going on? Started out saying it was just private lands that were open, then that changed and it went to private & public lands inside the area's were open, then they came back and revised that & said all private lands & all public lands except certain WMA's, but now they have came on and just said that the NWR's are not included, they are also still closed. All the while, all this is being done on the second day after it is open. But the best one I read showing the system does not communicate even with itself is the one about folks that went and set up camps to hunt after seeing it posted by the G&F as to it's status of open being ask to pack up & leave Wattensaw by G&F personal cause they were telling them it was closed. And that what was posted, as late as today, several days after this started. What in the world is going on up there on Natural Resources Drive? All I can say is if G&F was listed as a public stock, those that held some would be some sad people cause it's value just went down the drain! Guess this serves them right for trying to change the rules of the game in the middle of the game! Looks like in this game they have not only got the opposing team made, but the everyone that attended has issues!

Another post that is allmost to far fetched to believe is this guy up in White county was just 100% opposed to them opening it back up, went on to go into details about how it was going to hurt the deer population, ect, ect, just went a tear about how bad it was going to be in his area. Then he posted again a little latter to futher his point and to make sure what he said would happen, did happen, it appeared from what he was saying is he had a spot of high, ag ground, out of the water that was holding a vast amount of deer on it, he had invited a dozen or so friends to all go out there & were going to shot all they could. Then he put out a public invite, phone # and all, for anyone else that wanted to come going his cause & to kill them just to prove his point & crazy thing about it, some of the very ones who were crying the most are the ones who took him up on the invite! Go figure!!!!!

You know, I don't consider myself a very smart person, just plain country dumb to tell the truth, but all in all, I have come to the conclusion one cannot practice enough to be as stupid as some present themself to be, you just plain & simple have to be born with the tallent some show!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Not that big of a deal here. Im in Zone E and heard only 3 shots in the entire area yesterday. The deer have went back to the bottoms or scattered out for miles or something because I only saw 4 deer all day. From what I here, most people have already tagged out weeks ago and are not even hunting. Not much action here and this is a big deer area. :head:

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Heck I'm in white county .....maybe I need his number:idea: so I can go get me another deer or three

But I do see this hurting more than it helps in more areas than just here and there cause just six months ago it was all under water and not just under water I mean really under water and didn't get out of water till late july and its been that way twice in three years and if it keeps up it'll be that way again this coming spring

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
In the "rulebook" (and I use that term lightly) it says " it is unlawful to take game animals fleeing from fire or flood". Evidently the "COMMISSION" can't read their own writing. I hunt the WRNWR and all this does is push the deer ,that myself and many others hunt, out on private ground and allow them to be slaughtered. The only people that really suffer from this are folks like myself that hunt the public bottomlands but, hey we don't have the gold so we don't make the rules. WAY TO GO AGFC!!!!!!! you fellas should work for NASA!

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
I think the AGFC was just using FB to attempt to try and tell people what the current status was of the area. You can't make everyone happy.......
The other guy that posted.....well I think He must have been hit in the head several times in his life........

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
In the "rulebook" (and I use that term lightly) it says " it is unlawful to take game animals fleeing from fire or flood". Evidently the "COMMISSION" can't read their own writing. I hunt the WRNWR and all this does is push the deer ,that myself and many others hunt, out on private ground and allow them to be slaughtered. The only people that really suffer from this are folks like myself that hunt the public bottomlands but, hey we don't have the gold so we don't make the rules. WAY TO GO AGFC!!!!!!! you fellas should work for NASA!
If ducks were pushed to places that only have water, should those people not be able to hunt. To me, its the private land owners that suffer the most because of not getting to hunt when water comes up. Lets not forget, if it were not for the people spending their hard earned money on private land and realestate taxes the public land hunters would have no deer at all because the deer would have no place at all to survive in floods. Thanks AGFC for letting the private land owners hunt a few days. To me its there way of saying thanks to the land owners for letting the deer use their land to survive without having to pay rent on the private land.

·
Registered
34,785 Posts
If ducks were pushed to places that only have water, should those people not be able to hunt. To me, its the private land owners that suffer the most because of not getting to hunt when water comes up. Lets not forget, if it were not for the people spending their hard earned money on private land and realestate taxes the public land hunters would have no deer at all because the deer would have no place at all to survive in floods. Thanks AGFC for letting the private land owners hunt a few days. To me its there way of saying thanks to the land owners for letting the deer use their land to survive without having to pay rent on the private land.
But didn't these areas just get finished with a month and a half gun season?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Would the land just disappear if it wasn't purchased by someone?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The private land owners are not suffering, they are hunting and, yes they did just get done with about a month of gun hunting. This is just a way of getting some easy kills for the good ol' boys club. They could come and hunt them in the bottoms with us when it is not flooded if they wanted something to be proud of but that would probably be just a bit to much of a challenge. That is just a little tougher than letting the water push them to your cornpile. just sayin

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Don't be confused on what this is about, the AG&F are not doing this for you, if most of the commissioners did not hunt in flood zones F and G they would not even consider opening this for you. The book they wrote says it shall be unlawful to hunt game fleeing from fire or flood, they should add "unless it cuts into the commissioners hunting". That is what :censored: me off.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This could be the most ignorant response I have ever read! What do ducks have to do with anything? A duck can get up and fly to another state in one day if they need to to survive. And don't give me that crap about we should be thinking the private land owners for letting the deer live on their land! RU serious?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.