Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do most of you feel about this combination in AR ? I bought a B-mobile last year and still have not used it yet. I thought I would use it Bowhunting in the spring but between hunting public land and scared of getting shot I have not used it in AR. I was peppered pretty good about 8 years ago while hunting one spring so I might be a little bit more cautious than most .
So what do yall think about it ? (bad idea or not )
thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't even take a hen decoy to public land. I almost got shot in MS with a
Jake decoy and jakes are not legal there.He killed my decoy and ran when I yelled at him.

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
I don't even take a hen decoy to public land. I almost got shot in MS with a
Jake decoy and jakes are not legal there.He killed my decoy and ran when I yelled at him.
I have to second that- I used a hen and a jake a few years ago and had a gobbler working in to it- I also had a hunter bearing down on the jake directly across from my wife:eek: I yelled and he left along with the gobbler scared the you know what out of me. To me it is just too dangerous to try but many years ago I had a buddy that was shot and he bled to death trying to get back to his truck- decoy wasnt involved but to some the pressure to kill a bird will out-weigh safety-unfortunate but it does happen

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Not a chance here.
Plus, I think they're just the latest gimmick. The last Knight and Hale video I watched was like an infomercial for "pretty boy." He was even dead center on the cover.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
I wouldn't try it either. I only carry my hen decoy with me on public land so that I have more cushion in the back of my hunting vest.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Use a jake decoy and you should be fine. Nobody would shoot a jake!:biggrin:
Just make sure you hunt near Manybeards and Kee Kee! :razz: :thumb:
I carry binoculars with me when I'm turkey hunting so hopefully I won't end up putting a sneak on someone's decoy this year.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
batcutman,

Unless you are Charles Bronson and are filming a sequel to "Death Wish", I would say NO!!!! If you decide to try it I would invest in some good body armour.

·
3,605 Posts
I use them on wilderness areas far from the roads.
Anyone serious enough to walk 2 miles in those hills for a turkey will know the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts