Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
81,503 Posts
Yep,..You got me pegged.
I looked at that website he said ,but did'nt find parts for that.Probably somewhat Illegal anyway.
Actually, full auto is 100% legal, you just have to file the proper paperwork. Since the sale of machine guns manufactured after May 19, 1986 to civilians is illegal, a transferable full auto 10/22 is currently running around $10,000.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, full auto is 100% legal, you just have to file the proper paperwork. Since the sale of machine guns manufactured after May 19, 1986 to civilians is illegal, a transferable full auto 10/22 is currently running around $10,000.
Holy Cow,...I'll just stick with semi.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
I have a nephew who, while working under a Little Rock gunsmith; was approached by a man wanting his 22 rifle made into a fully automatic.....the gunsmith was fully aware and in fact he nurtured the deal....when the guy[undercover fed] came back to get his 22.....they arrested my nephew! A setup deal all around, but the fact that it was illegal, is my point. My nephew went to prison for that....re-engineering a semi-auto weapon into a full-auto!:wink:

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a nephew who, while working under a Little Rock gunsmith; was approached by a man wanting his 22 rifle made into a fully automatic.....the gunsmith was fully aware and in fact he nurtured the deal....when the guy[undercover fed] came back to get his 22.....they arrested my nephew! A setup deal all around, but the fact that it was illegal, is my point. My nephew went to prison for that....re-engineering a semi-auto weapon into a full-auto!:wink:
Did your Nephew know it was Illegal without a permit?
Did the Gunsmith not tell him,Or was he tryinf to catch him doing it?

·
Administrator
81,503 Posts
I hate to say it, but that was nothing but pure stupidity. If he was working on guns, he should have known better.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
I hate to say it, but that was nothing but pure stupidity. If he was working on guns, he should have known better.
He was just a young lad, the gunsmith was there the whole time...shoulda put the brakes on but for some reason didn't.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts