Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone is from the Fort Smith area. I live in Barling and have started hog hunting and would like to meet up with others who like to hunt. If interested let me know and maybe we can get after some porkers.

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
I am in Van Buren and have lived here for about a year and a half. I dont know very many people and would welcome a new friend with the same interests that I have. Shot me an email and we can get together and shoot.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've hunted out on Ft. Chaffee for them but haven't had any luck. I have seen some good size hogs out there though. They tend to roam around alot out there and I'm not too sure where to go. I would like to try bow hunting them. Has anyone ever taken one with a knife. I have seen videos of people hunting them with dogs and sticking them with a knife looks like an adrenaline rush. You would definately have to have some good dogs. Anyway, what kind of weapons do you all prefer to use? I have hunted them with a 22 mag. and a .270.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Do any of you hunt with dogs? Are any of you interested in hunting hogd with dogs? I live 15 miles south of Ft Smith and would love to find someone to hog jut with. I have young dogs. Two have been started and three pups coming up I want to start.

If any of you are interested in getting together PM me or send me a email [email protected].

Ken

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hog hunting, Lets Get Together

Do any of you hunt with dogs? Are any of you interested in hunting hogd with dogs? I live 15 miles south of Ft Smith and would love to find someone to hog jut with. I have young dogs. Two have been started and three pups coming up I want to start.

If any of you are interested in getting together PM me or send me a email [email protected].

Ken
Let me try this again with the typos corrected. I type with two left thumbs and I think they might be dyslexic. LOL.

Do any of you hunt with dogs? Are any of you interested in hunting hogs with dogs? I live 15 miles south of Ft Smith and would love to find someone to hog hunt with. I have young dogs. Two have been started and three pups coming up I want to start.

If any of you are interested in getting together PM me or send me a email [email protected]

Looking for to hearing from some of you.

Ken

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a couple of buddies that say there are hogs up around Natural Dam area which is part of White Rock. I haven't been up there to check it out though. Here in the near future maybe we can get enough of us together and to chase some down either on Chaffee or White Rock. I haven't looked over the regs for running dogs at White Rock but, as far as on Chaffee I don't believe you can except for squirrel, rabbit, and birds. Also your limited to .22 caliber on Chaffee. Regardless, of where the fact is it seems we have enough local interest so now all we need to do is pull our resources together and get after them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I’ve lived in this area less than 2 years. I’m not familiar with Natural Dam or White Rock. I believe I had a man tell me a while back that Natural Dam is off 59. Is that correct?

If White Rock is a WMA it’s my understanding that you’re not aloud to hunt hogs with dogs on any WMA land. National forest is legal to run hogs with dogs though providing your not hunting on WMA land within the national forest.

I agree though there seems to be enough interest that we should be able to come up with something between us.

I’ve been told there has been a big increase in hog population in a couple different areas in two different national forest also.

When and where do you guy’s want to get together?

Ken

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've hunted out on Ft. Chaffee for them but haven't had any luck. I have seen some good size hogs out there though. They tend to roam around alot out there and I'm not too sure where to go. I would like to try bow hunting them. Has anyone ever taken one with a knife. I have seen videos of people hunting them with dogs and sticking them with a knife looks like an adrenaline rush. You would definately have to have some good dogs. Anyway, what kind of weapons do you all prefer to use? I have hunted them with a 22 mag. and a .270.
I've killed hogs with a longbow, 35 whelen, 32 winchester special, and 375 winchester. I've seen them killed with a 30-30 and 35 remington by 2 of my sons. I just bought a 30-30 so I can leagally hunt hogs during all of the coyote season. 30 cal or less .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.