Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who is wanting to put a front deck hatch in on his 1648 war eagle. I've installed the cam lock hatches made by TH marine in pods before but not in the front deck. My main concern is if there are any braces up there that I have to worry about? He's wanting to put it all the way at the front of the boat on the highest part of the deck not the lower part. I know there's foam up there and I will have to remove it. I know why the foam is there so please don't tell me about how I don't need to remove the foam. My only question
Is if there are braces and where are they located?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
IIRC, the floor in that area is braced heavily. It has been a good while since I've been that far into one, but I seem to remember a second plate underneath that floored part. I hope someone else can chime in with more detail.

I do know that it's got to have something under there. If it were a plain piece of flat aluminum, even at .100" thick, it would be like a piece of poster board. Real flexible/flimsy. And those parts of the boat aren't the least bit flexible.

I can get pics of the drop deck, with the deck out...it's braced heavily. But it's been many years since I've seen under the front upper part.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[ QUOTE=junkyardwarrior;2092736]IIRC, the floor in that area is braced heavily. It has been a good while since I've been that far into one, but I seem to remember a second plate underneath that floored part. I hope someone else can chime in with more detail.

I do know that it's got to have something under there. If it were a plain piece of flat aluminum, even at .100" thick, it would be like a piece of poster board. Real flexible/flimsy. And those parts of the boat aren't the least bit flexible.

I can get pics of the drop deck, with the deck out...it's braced heavily. But it's been many years since I've seen under the front upper part.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. That's kinda what I figured. I've see under the drop deck before and figured that the high deck area was about the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts