Freezer about full.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by thompson, Dec 5, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

1. thompson

thompson Well-Known Member

Well I ground up another 36 lbs of deer this morning. In the freezer and about out of space. I would like one more just for summer sausage. Been a good year. Y'all about done?

boomer likes this.
  2. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

Hopefully, we should start picking up some new bucks and any old regulars should start getting a little more regular as they slow down chasing and start looking for some easy green patch to feed in. We kill most of our better bucks in Dec. i could stand another one for the freezer.

boomer likes this.

3. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

gave away every bit we've killed to people who needed it

this weekend muzzleloading does - might keep a backstrap or two :)

4. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

harrison
    I’d like to kill one more to eat

Punkinseed likes this.
  5. kerrtw

kerrtw Well-Known Member

I cut one up last night, that makes two deer and two hogs. My freezer is full, I’ve got to get a upright freezer.

6. thompson

I got a chest for Vegs and a upright for meat. Both are stuffed. But I'm out here this afternoon. [​IMG]

7. Jerrod89

Jerrod89 Well-Known Member

My freezer is empty still haven’t killed a deer this year. I’ve never hunted this late in the season without killing a couple. I’ve been to patient this year and missed the buck I wanted

8. bottomlands

bottomlands Well-Known Member

Are you kidding...my freezer is full and I've got 5 more tags!!

HEVI D likes this.
  9. b8hickman

b8hickman Well-Known Member

Still havent killed anything yet. Had to work alot and rushed a shot on a buck at 270yds that resulted in a miss. If I am off next week any some does are about to die!!!!

10. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

I done killed 3 and my freezer isn't even half full. Of course my wife has taken advantage of saving money on beef. We have eatin more than one deer already though. Still got about 60lbs in the freezer.
    Glad I went and bought a new chest freezer earlier this year! They were on sale Memorial Day

thompson and curdog1 like this.
  11. thompson

I've put 4 up and a hog. I buy up pork loins when they go below $1.60. Fish and a few squirrel. I do summer sausage and Budain once a year and freeze those. Make my own sausage 45 lbs at a time. It fills up quick this time a year.

pearlsnaps likes this.
  12. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

I haven't got a chance to start filling with fish. Mine just has deer meat and butter braids from kids fund raisers.
    Would be nice to go ahead and buck out this month. Then I can start targeting big winter blues and flatheads. I can't catch crappie to save my life this time of year.

JohnnieWalker likes this.
  13. thompson

I use to go over to Talor old river starting in January and do well through spring....back when public access was available.

14. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, Taylor Old River was about the only place we went fishing. I still remember sliding our boat up and down that old dirt "ramp". We caught many a crappie out of there. We used to catch some out of that bar pit between it and the levee too.

thompson likes this.
  15. Reaper22

Reaper22 Well-Known Member

I've given away 3.5/5 only made Burger and steaks so far and I definitely gotta get some sausage made so I'm far from done

thompson likes this.