Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the boys back.

- My 11 point with droptine/kicker is on top. Mass, mass, mass is what he sports.

- My buddies father killed the bottom buck before he passed away. 12 point with split brow tine and sports a 21 inch spread.

- Killed 100 yrds. from each other.

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
Big Bucks!!!

Fredbearbowhunters computer is jacked up, so he told me to post a pic. he is on the right, and his deer on the bottom. his buddy Drew, is on the left, his dad killed the deer on the top several years back. both of these deer gross over 170, and were killed in LA. they were mounted by Tony Malone, and he did an awesome job! BG12

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But the story about drews father...

My buddy had killed a few deer that were at the taxidermist, one that year and a buck from the year before. Well, money was tight and his father wanted his sons bucks saved before his massive boy that dwarfed the others. Well that was a good 12 years ago. For 12 years, those set of horns set in a shed in the back. Drews father passed away this past summer from cancer. We couldn't think of a better way to honor him than mount his prized set of horns. We finally got our hands on a huge bodied deers cape that would fit this set of horns. Ole' Maloney worked his magic and brought an old busted up set of huge antlers back to life.

It's like Tony said, It don't get no better than two buddies, two huge deer, same deer trail. Memories of a lifetime.

·
Registered
20,506 Posts
Fredbear, mounting the fathers deer is a fitting tribute to a hunter no longer with us. When someone has passed on, and all we have is memories, looking at a mounted deer (big or small) doesn't matter to me, but just reminds me to reflect for a minute or two on the person who killed it and how good of times we had that day or that person had that day.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fredbear, mounting the fathers deer is a fitting tribute to a hunter no longer with us. When someone has passed on, and all we have is memories, looking at a mounted deer (big or small) doesn't matter to me, but just reminds me to reflect for a minute or two on the person who killed it and how good of times we had that day or that person had that day.
I hear ya firehog. That sums it up just right. His dad would be so proud that these two are on the wall. He's no longer physically with us but we definitely have something to remember him by. He never let you know it, but he loved this set of horns. I just thank God that we have taxidermist that can preserve animals like this for a lifetime for memories to carry on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.