Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all, I have decided to upgrade from my old Johnny Stewart cassette player to a new digital call. What are your opinions on the bettter of the two calls. Looking to stay $200 or less. From what I can find the Spitfire and the Turbo Dog seem to be the best of the two. What do you think?

· Registered
78 Posts
A friend has a Spitfire and I just bought a Turbo Dogg 2 days ago. I haven't had a chance to use the turbo Dogg yet but one thing is for sure, it's WAY louder than the Spitfire. The sounds are of equal quality on both units. Natchez Shooters Supply has the Turbo Dogg for $135 right now

· Registered
2,394 Posts
Shwack, you can buy a factory reconditioned FoxPro FX3 for $240 at www.gofoxpro.com/JLiStore/getprod.php?prodby=cat&cat=13&sort=price_asc . It has better speakers and thus better volume and sound quality than the Spitfire. I have had a FX3 for 3 years and just sold it for $200 with rechargeable batteries and charger. I am waiting right now for the replacement package (FoxPro Firestorm with Foxbang , more sounds, 5 year warranty and other important features) to arrive so I can head to Kansas to predator hunt and scout for turkeys:cool:!

You won't be disappointed with a FoxPro but might consider the recon FX3.

FYI,

Steve/"Dermott"

· Registered
2,394 Posts
Shwack, if you buy the new Turbo Dog please give us a review after you have used it several times. I know they have some "professional sequences" pre-programmed on the new unit and they should be really good for newer predator hunters. I considered the TD but have been using FoxPro and know they work and just replaced my FX3 with a Firestorm. After you have used the same pro sequence on a property once or twice I would not use it again there until next fall. Steve/"Dermott"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.