Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
18,615 Posts
Best remote range, best sounds, best service and most user friendly. There are others that are good too, but FoxPro has the edge over the rest. If mine breaks Ill buy another just like it.

I use to have a Power Dawg. I killed alot of stuff with it.

· Registered
78 Posts
btech29:1443999 said:
Coolest name.
Haha. For real though lineman, they are worth it. The Primos turbo dogg says 150 yard range, more like 150 feet. Find someone and use one first before buying one.
I've had good luck with my turbo Dogg so far. What other issues have you had with yours? I've only tried the remote out to around 60 yards. But I've never seen any reason why you'd need to get any farther away from the unit than that.

· Registered
2,394 Posts
Best remote range, best sounds, best service and most user friendly. There are others that are good too, but FoxPro has the edge over the rest. If mine breaks Ill buy another just like it.
I agree with Btech. Just sold my FoxPro FX3 and bought a FoxPro Firestorm to replace it because it has some additional features like Foxbang, abilty to set up call sequences and more sounds. I had an old, HEAVY tape player for years and gave it to a farmer friend and got a Western Rivers Day Stalker but it always had an odd sound or echo or something and called in few coyotes. FoxPro has been good from day one. You can get a less expensive FoxPro SpitFire ($200) or Wildfire ($300) and they will work well just have fewer features and only one speaker so not as loud -- not usually an issue in Arkansas unless for crows. If you buy from APC www.allpredatorcalls.com they will let you select the sounds and program it for you. Steve/"Dermott"

· Registered
1,726 Posts
Ark. Trapper:1444436 said:
btech29:1443999 said:
Coolest name.
Haha. For real though lineman, they are worth it. The Primos turbo dogg says 150 yard range, more like 150 feet. Find someone and use one first before buying one.
I've had good luck with my turbo Dogg so far. What other issues have you had with yours? I've only tried the remote out to around 60 yards. But I've never seen any reason why you'd need to get any farther away from the unit than that.
60 yards would be awesome. I swear on mine at 60 feet its having trouble getting signal.

· Registered
2,394 Posts
You get what you pay for. Can find used ones around that are still warrantied no matter who owns it as along it is still within the 5 yrs from date of purchased. Enough said. :up:
Allstar, I was told that the 5 year warranty was only for the original purchaser and not good for someone who buys it used? It was a customer service rep at either AllPredatorCalls.com or Foxpro who told me this. I sold an FX3 this month with 3 years left on the warranty (upgraded to Firestorm) and told the buyer the warranty would not be good if he has a warranty issue. Steve/"Dermott"

· Registered
3,456 Posts
Allstar, I was told that the 5 year warranty was only for the original purchaser and not good for someone who buys it used? It was a customer service rep at either AllPredatorCalls.com or Foxpro who told me this. I sold an FX3 this month with 3 years left on the warranty (upgraded to Firestorm) and told the buyer the warranty would not be good if he has a warranty issue. Steve/"Dermott"
Unless something has changed in the last year or so, Mike Dillon (Co-Owner and founders' son) says otherwise. Mike and Steve Dillon go out of thier way to take care of people and the calls. I've seen them shot, I've seen them ran over, and I have seen remotes lost. In every Case, Mike has replaced it. Of course these were the original owners, but that is certainly not part of warranty. I sold a call to 270win years ago and after he had it for a while the remote knob wouldn't work. He sent it in and they fixed it from what I remember him saying.

If you have a problem, Mike himself, or Steve can be contacted easily. It's customer service at its finest. On the other hand, I haven't read what the warranty says on the entry level calls, but I would bet they would take care of it.

:up:

· Registered
2,394 Posts
CJ, I know they have a great service department and hope you are correct about them honoring the warranty for second owners. While I was looking a different direction, my grandson, then 13, almost shot my FP FX3 with a shotgun as a coyote came in to about 1 yard of it and said "...well you're lucky because I almost shot the caller..." I wondered then what FoxPro might do if he ever did shoot it and I told them the story! Steve/"Dermott"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.