Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found on on deer/game cart in Huricane WMA today. It is rusty but still uaeable. It has been there atleast since last season. It had vines wrapped around it. Should I leave it there or is it ok to take it? Funny thing is that I have been thinking about buying one.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I found on on deer/game cart in Huricane WMA today. It is rusty but still uaeable. It has been there atleast since last season. It had vines wrapped around it. Should I leave it there or is it ok to take it? Funny thing is that I have been thinking about buying one.
Just remember it just may belong to someone. If you are a true hunter You know what is the right thing to do. Go buy your cart.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I was out there this morning also. Saw a little spike today but saw a good 9 or 10 pt. yesterday morning. Have you been seeing much over there? BTW if that cart has been there for that long, I wouldn't feel bad about picking it up if I were you.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I was out there this morning also. Saw a little spike today but saw a good 9 or 10 pt. yesterday morning. Have you been seeing much over there? BTW if that cart has been there for that long, I wouldn't feel bad about picking it up if I were you.
You are the one who has to live with it. Me personally If I did not make it or buy it then It Does Not Belong To Me.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I feel bad for the person that lost it or left it, especially since I had three tree stands stolen this year but there are laws against abandoning equipment of any kind on National Forest and WMA's.

I would take it and put an add in the local paper's lost and found, if nobody identifies and claims it I think that it is OK to keep it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I feel bad for the person that lost it or left it, especially since I had three tree stands stolen this year but there are laws against abandoning equipment of any kind on National Forest and WMA's.

I would take it and put an add in the local paper's lost and found, if nobody identifies and claims it I think that it is OK to keep it.
+ 1

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm not seeing much eather and the water is getting bad. Bet they close the road soon

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saw 5 does and 2 bucks this morn. 4 pt and small 7 pt that needs another year to grow. All were in bow range. The small bucks were interested in the does but they wanted none of the small guys. I had the strangest thing happen this morn. A tree gave his life for one of those does. That dang tree jump in front of the deer and took the arrow for it. Who would have every thought that trees can be heros.

This afternoon saw one spike harassing doe and two yealings.

After I got down this evening I looked at the cart more. I started the thread on my Blackberry from my stand. Some spoke are almost rusted though it has been there a while. It brought it home and will put flyer at store. If anyone wants it they can tell me where they left it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I started the thread on my Blackberry from my stand. Some spoke are almost rusted though it has been there a while. It brought it home and will put flyer at store. If anyone wants it they can tell me where they left it.
I think I left that cart back towards Gum Pond a couple years ago.:smack:

·
3,605 Posts
You are right. I will leave it where you left it. You can pick it up in the woods!:whistle:
Just leave it back there by the blowdown. :wink:

I figure that the dude who left that thing probably got lost and ended up over at Augusta.

I need to get one of those so my nephews can carry me up and down the hills a little bit easier.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I guess I got lucky. My neighbour was throwing away a deer cart and a duck blind for a boat. Nothing wrong with either one. But if I found it and it was there that long I'd take it.:up:

·
Registered
410 Posts
If it had been there long enough to start rusting out you probably did the land and everyone else a favor by getting it out of the woods. Who wants to see scrap metal in the woods when they are hunting. When it rusts out enough someone could fall on it and get hurt. And in the slim case if whoever left it killed a deer they wouldn't be able to carry it out on that cart with the spolks rusted out. JMO:flag:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lots of good answers and I'm usually a hands off kinda guy about things like that, but it's easy to lose something down there if you don't mark it on GPS. I had this one on the cart back in 2017 and left him for just a few minutes to scout an area. Had to call in a buddy and it took us over an hour to find where I'd left him.... scared the crap outta me!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts