Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat this stand for a few days, of the thousands of camtracker photo's they never saw this buck, found dead a few weeks after rifle ( a lot of road hunters shoot, and if the deer runs off they don't pursue )

dang nice buck aint he ?

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Probably shot with a rage:biggrin: :sarcasm:

Yea stealthy I wish you could have killed that with our bow! Would have been a great kill!

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Dang nice deer. Big deer don't get big by being conspicuous. My neighbor killed a big 16 pt this year that was frequenting my place. I had dozens of pics of this deer - he had several cameras out 400 yards away and had no idea the deer was there. That's what makes it interesting. May you kill that deer's grandpa next year. :up:

·
Registered
21,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KS is unlike any place I've ever seen - I honestly think they range 20-30 miles or more during the rut. This buck was never caught on camera from anyone I know and the creek bottoms all around there had probably 8-10 cameras in them

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
I do think if you wait to put cameras out until October, you do miss a lot of deer that were there in the summer - and will be back in winter. The big deer I spoke of disappeared early October, was shot and wounded almost 3 miles away early November, and showed back up early December and was a regular. I have noticed this before - there are always a few bucks I get pics of in the summer who are no shows during fall and show up eArly winter. About every other year, I will have one just show up that I have never seen before - usually late season.

·
Registered
21,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This buck was killed off that ladder stand they have there - never seen it on camera for months, during the rut (3 days after I left) he came in and someone bow killed him - great great deer.

This buck was camtrackered twice from that stand - both in the daytime.

They have the ladder stand all wrong IMO - in 2014 there is one tree maybe 125 yards away that is FAR better a stand - I'm going to try and hunt it

·
Super Moderator
9,416 Posts
Question for you guys that hunt Kansas. What part of it? Not trying to steal your spot. Just trying to figure out how the heck to hunt this place. I've seen few trees that can be used with a climber or hang-on stand.

HELP ME!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts