Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
My question....why the heck are they requiring a tag for a none game animal that they themselves say they want to get rid of? Why not make it as easy as possible for people to shoot them. Just tell them it's ok to shoot all of them they want while they are deer hunting.

A prime example of how government can mess up the working parts of an anvil.

hd

·
Registered
90 Posts
My guess is that they're concerned with tracking who's hunting on Chaffee and how many hogs are being got. (it's still a gov't installation as crappy as it is)

Don't know for sure though, I've never been on Chaffee as a Civi; only as part of military ops so I don't know what kind of registration is required for folks hunting the area.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Rattle. That is much more palatable. I still don't see the need for tags but at least they aren't making it hard for the people already deer hunting to kill hogs as well.

Anyone think they will make an impact? We've been killing every hog we can on our place and don't seem to have made much of a dent in the pig population.

Are they really that hard to trap?

hd

·
Registered
95 Posts
They are hard to hunt and to trap for sure, they have 2 to 3 liters per year with 6 to 12 at a time and can breed at 6 months old so it is an uphill battle. They do the tags so they can keep track of how many that are being taken as requested by the game and fish. I think are in areas 9, 8, 7A. I have yet to see one yet.

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
443 Posts
These "hog permits" have existed for over a year. Like mentioned earlier, they are free. All you have to do is ask for one when you renew your sportsman's permit. The deal is that you have to call in and report any hogs you kill. I think they are just trying to get an idea of how many are being shot by hunters. After Chaffee being shutdown all hunting season last year until January, I'm betting the hog numbers really increased.
Personally, I can't wait to get out there again! I'd love to stick one with a bow!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Rattle

Read you pms every now and again. Damn moved to the big city and fergetted everyone heere.

Did you ever make a boat anchor or are you still trying to shoot the mathews.

:clap: That should get his attention :clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.