Ford F150 Anti theft problem

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by n2deer, Jan 8, 2011.

1. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

Hopefully one of you guys on here can help me. I have a 2004 f150 that is acting up, the truck wont start and the anti theft light on the dash is blinking fast. The battery is charged and everything seems ok it just wont start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is my first Ford and the only problem I have ever had with it but it is driving me crazy not knowing whats wrong. Thaks

2. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

Sounds like the key could be messed up. Those things have chip in the key, and if it wears out/runs down or otherwise just quits working the truck won't start. May not be it, but it can happen.

3. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

I guess that would be a good place to start, I guess I can go to the ford dealership and have them make me a new key. Wonder if I could just have Wal Mart cut me a key from mine :head:, but I bet their keys dont have the chip in it.

4. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

Did you try your spare? If you have tried 2 different keys and it still wont work there could be a problem in your PCM. Either way, I think the dealership is more than likely the only ones that can fix you.

5. AR1527

AR1527 Well-Known Member

If you can even get Wal Mart to cut you a key it won't have a chip in it so it couldn't start the truck. They told me they couldn't even make one to unlock the door because one that they cut got stuck in a lock or something.

6. Levi

Levi Well-Known Member

If you have had your key next to a strong magnet it has reprogrammed the chip and the truck will not start..........:smack:

7. mlriggs12

mlriggs12 Well-Known Member

actually some of the walmarts are selling these keys with the chips in them, cutting them, and even programming them. i just had to buy 2 extras for '02 King Rang SCrew. They cut my keys but couldnt program them because it wasnt their brand and they were scared it would ruin them.