For those of us who have lost deer this season - Which type of broadhead was used?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by pruitt76, Dec 16, 2010.

For those of us who have lost deer this season - Which type of broadhead was used?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2010.
  1. Mechanical

43.1%
  2. Fixed Blade

56.9%
  1. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

I have to satisfy the curiousity...

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I have lost 2 with Spitfires. Of course I found over 80 of em.

3. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

Muzzy MX-4

4 blade fixed head, first time shooting a Muzzy. Broadhead did it's job, complete pass through, but hit high and in the middle of the deer.

4. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

O my I feel this thread will have plenty of opinons. SC will help us out he is gathering all the facts now so stand by.

5. pruitt76

Mine was a mechanical right to the backstraps. I needed a grenade on that shot for it to be effective.

6. pruitt76

That's a lot of deer in one season. You must be one of those Walmart hunters you're always bragging about. :fit:

7. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I didnt read right. Thats total of course. :thumb:

8. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member

Mine was due to where I put the arrow, no excuses here, just a bad shot!

9. pruitt76

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I was pretty sure I saw a post of yours earlier that you hadn't lost any this year.

10. pruitt76

In all fairness, I feel like there are way more guys out there shooting fixed blade broadheads so I'm guessing that will lead to higher totals in the FB column.

I've got both in my quiver so I don't care how this poll turns out. They all work for me if I do my job. :thumb:

Brian

11. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

well 4 deer shot this year and 3 dead within 40 yards with slick tricks, the other deer was alittle farther than i thought and just grazed him. Watched him blow at me then trot off about 400 yards:smack:

12. ARflinger

ARflinger Well-Known Member

3-blade HellRazor all SS construction, he jumped the string and I hit him high.:frown:

13. ARflinger

ARflinger Well-Known Member

Which again says it ain't the bow, it's the idiot- I mean the Indian behind the bow. (speaking for myself only)

14. gutpile

gutpile Well-Known Member

bad shot here....

15. Alpha

Alpha Member On Double Secret Probation

only animal ive lost this year is because i missed it. be surprised what a RAGE will do to 1s intestines.

16. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

I haven't lost one Spitfire does the job one more time, seems like we have poll every night about bow hunters.

17. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Both my bow kills have been with Muzzy 100Gr 4blade broadheads:up:

18. The only way to accurately assess which type of blades results in more deer losses is to get the overall lost deer total over against the total number of broadhead users. A poll like this won't give us accurate numbers.

There might simply be more lost "fixed blade" deer because 85% of the guys on here are shooting fixed blades.

You should make all poll users select two options so we can see how many shoot fixed and expandable, and how many have lost deer according to who uses what.

I shoot fixed blades.
    I have lost a deer.

I shoot expandables.
    I have lost a deer.

Everyone votes and picks at least one of the options. Those who have lost deer will pick two of the options. Then the averages can be decided based off of how many shoot what.

19. Mossybuckkiller

Mossybuckkiller Well-Known Member

I lost a doe but it wasn't the broad heads fault gut shot. It was a hybrid blood runner 2 blade. I've killed two with Grim reapers.

20. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    wait there wasn't an option for field points :biggrin: