? For the pro and unlimited guys

Discussion in '3D & Archery' started by ol bucky, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

When and why did you decide to start shooting the pro class? What made you leave BHR?

2. ozark deerslayer

ozark deerslayer Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner

I left BHR when I wanted a little more challenge using a single pin and having to guess the exact yardage. No offense to anyone but the competition is "usually" a little better in pro and unlimited. I also shoot pro for the money, it helps pay for my gas better than a hat pin. I shot BHR for a bout 2 years before going to unlimited and I shot unlimited for about 2 years before going to pro. In ASA, I shoot Open A.

3. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

I shot unlimited last year with pins and competed fairly. This year I will shoot pro with pins. The reason why is I shoot hunter at Asa, and I need the extra yardage to prepare for the big shoot.

4. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

5. E-T

E-T Well-Known Member

If your thinking about moving up, then you should. When you shoot aginst better shooters it forces you to focus more and try harder. Start with the smaller local shoots. As you gain confidence shoot pro in some of the bigger tournaments. If you are shooting BHR now you should move to the open class first. Good luck dude. I'll look for your name on the winners list (just below mine).

6. New2BPA2010

New2BPA2010 Well-Known Member

Look at where you are in your shooting. Are you where you want to be? If so and all is fun then stay put, If not and you feel that things are easy, or you are not shooting at the level you feel you can move up. I moved up when I felt that I wanted to get better. By moving to Pro I shoot against guys who make less mistakes and shoot more consistantly, this brings my game up because I understand there is less chance for mistakes. I focus more at this level! I win a lot less But I feel I have grown as an archer!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  7. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

Good post!

8. ol bucky

Well I am going to give it a try guys , I just bought my sight today. I went with a surelock with a 9 inch bar. Now I need to pick up a scope, Im thinking about a 4x. Anyone have one laying around?

9. New2BPA2010

New2BPA2010 Well-Known Member

Nothing laying around. Try 12 ring they may have something.

10. arkansas-bowhunter

arkansas-bowhunter Well-Known Member

I have a guy out of Mississippi taht builds mine if you are interested in convexed style lens with an antiglare finish give me PM and I will get you his #.

11. ol bucky

actually I think am going to only need the glass. But I appreciate the offers. I also have to find a stabilizer something in the 32-36 lenght. I know where i can get a fuse, wich is what I use for BHR. Its just a mere 170.00 so I am going to try to save a buck or two. Might have to checkout AT

12. arkansas-bowhunter

arkansas-bowhunter Well-Known Member

I have an Octane 30" and a Cartel 30" I need to sell if interested let me know.

13. ol bucky

Well I would have been but I picked up a 30 inch fuse today at lunch. But thanks a ton for the offer. Mike