Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be more for the trad guys I don’t know if many compound shooters do it. But do any of y’all add footings to your arrow shafts? Either homemade or commercial bought. I’ve been playing with the idea of footing some gold tip traditionals with aluminum shafts. But am not sure if it’s worth my time and effort. Any input? Pros? Cons?

·
Super Moderator
11,124 Posts
I've been doing it for the last 3 or 4 years. I believe they help a lot, especially on arrows with half outserts. On them, it helps the half out from pushing into the arrow and acting like a chisel and splitting the shaft. Also helps keep from breaking arrows if you end up shooting into a tree, ask me how I know lol. Also helps add a little foc.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been doing it for the last 3 or 4 years. I believe they help a lot, especially on arrows with half outserts. On them, it helps the half out from pushing into the arrow and acting like a chisel and splitting the shaft. Also helps keep from breaking arrows if you end up shooting into a tree, ask me how I know lol. Also helps add a little foc.
The FOC and durability is what had me looking into it. I have a bad habit of shooting at random critters so my arrows take some abuse.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i started making a wrap or three around the nock end of the carbon shafts with electrical tape (very tight) and it stops the nock from shoving up inside the arrow and splitting it when stump shooting (traditional bows). also running feathers on there, i dont like them coming off ( i shoot a LOT), so i started wrapping the first and last 1/4 inch of feather onto the arrow with electrical tape. those things last hundreds of shots now, and even if the glue turns loose the fletch still works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts