Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or not. I caught my second coyote yesterday. The problem I'm having is that both coyotes had foot damage. The last one had broken all bones in the foot and has only being held by some skin and meat. It looked like it was caught high enough, but do I need to add extra swivels, etc. Any suggestions? Coyote 2.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I don't know unless some of them big sticks got wrapped in the chain and fouled your swivels temporarily. Can you tell us more about your trap. Four coiled? Offset? Laminated jaws?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Short chains, lamination's or offset jaws and I use traps that have not been 4 coiled. 1.75 and 2's is all I use and I sell mine alive and I couldn't if there was any foot damage...d2

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am using Bridger #2 with offset jaws and 2 coiled springs. I check my traps at first light every morning. The chain is the factory chain with swivels. If shortening it helps, then how much should I shorten it? Thanks for the responses. I just wondered if adding a box swivel to the trap would help too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts