Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of food plots I'm wanting to plant. They're both about a half acre each. One is an existing clover/chicory plot that I'm gonna overseed with clover, chicory, turnips, and alfalfa, and the other is an older plot that I just recently disked. I'm gonna plant clover, chicory, and turnips in it. I missed out on getting them planted before these last rains we just got...:smack:....., but they've got decent chances of rain forecasted for this week. I've gotta work all week, so sitting around waiting to see if it's gonna rain is not an option. Would you roll the dice and plant today and hope the rain comes, or would you hold out until rain looks like a sure thing? :head:

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Rain is never a sure thing here in Ark!:wink: Personally, I'm waiting till later in the week to finish discing(the ground should be softer after these rains) then I'm gonna spread my clover and chicory just before the next rain shower that passes thru.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.