Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a predicament....to remove the foam under my floor or leave it. The foam is starting to get waterlogged, so I know it will add some weight to the boat....but it I remove it, it seems like it will be awful load since it will be hollow under there. What to do? Would it be better to have a little lighter boat or a quieter boat?

·
Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where would I find some closed cell foam to put back in it?

·
Registered
793 Posts
My dad filled the void under the floor and between the ribs with doubled sheets of Styrofoam from the lumber store. Just cut to fit and replace the floor.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Where would I find some closed cell foam to put back in it?
I replaced the foam under the floor in my last boat with the pink/blue insulation board from HD/Lowes. It worked good to deaden the noise. Never took it out to see if it water logged before i sold it though.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I'd take it out and out the floor back in and be done. It's not going to matter how much or what kind of foam is under there it will eventually soak up water and be trashed again. Seal the edges of floor with urethane to keep trash out and roll on

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'd take it out cause its waterlogged . if your boat came with it put it back .Lowes sells foam 2" or pool noodles work gas won't eat them wont soak up water . foam will soak up noise and add a little resistance to denting if its tight

1 - 10 of 10 Posts