Floor for boat

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by sprtsmn001, Jan 6, 2011.

1. sprtsmn001

sprtsmn001 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone knew or could recommend somewhere or someone who could make a floor for my boat? I have a 16' Polar Kraft jon boat and I'm really getting tired of stepping across those dadgum beams. I would really like to have a metal one and wasn't sure if any marine shop could do that or if I'd have to get it fabricated. I live in Conway and looking for somewhere fairly close.

2. Matthew.loftis

Matthew.loftis Well-Known Member

Southfork boats in Lonsdale. Just put a floor in my buddies. Even removed his middle bench seat and welded in two ribs.

3. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

What did that run him? Just curious - never have found a jon boat setup like I wanted. I figure one day I'll just buy a hull and have a shop configure it the 'right' way, but figure it will be kinda expensive.

4. ducksoup

ducksoup Well-Known Member

Ketcher sheet metal on broadway they fabricated a sweet aluminum casting deck for an old john boat I had..

5. F & F Boats in Monticello will build you what you want

6. belliott

belliott Well-Known Member

7. scubapro

scubapro Well-Known Member

just go to tristate and buy a 4X10 sheet of 80 for $120 put foam between ribs and cut sheet with grinder or plasma cutter then spray rhino or paint it cost about 200 total for my 1648

8. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

Do you need to put supports between the ribs, or does the foam keep it from flexing enough to pull the rivets out? Been thinking about doing this to mine.

9. xforce-deathstick

xforce-deathstick Well-Known Member

malvern
    Call sportsmansfabrication in malvern, ask for mark!

10. xforce-deathstick

xforce-deathstick Well-Known Member

malvern
  11. scubapro

scubapro Well-Known Member

foam keeps it from flexing yes:razz: