Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought ya'll might be interested in what's going on in the bottoms of East Arkansas. These pics were taken between DeValls Bluff and Brinkley.

The first pic is Hwy. 33 north of Biscoe.
The second is the old River Front Fish Market of W.O. Prince on the bank of Cache River.
The third is the main entrance to Dagmar WMA just off Hwy. 70
The fourth is the Cache River access just south of Hwy 70 at # 4 bridge.
The last is looking south off the new bridge at DVB, the park on the east side of river is at top of photo.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
It's gonna be good, in that a lot of the old river lakes will be re-stocked............but I hate it for the people that have lost their homes and such from the flooding!!

Last sunday, water was 3 ft or so below the road leading into my Camp below Dumas/Yancopin.......Monday it was ankle deep over the road....Friday night, it was over knee deep.....and the river isn't due to crest until Wednesday!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,804 Posts
It's gonna be good, in that a lot of the old river lakes will be re-stocked............but I hate it for the people that have lost their homes and such from the flooding!!

Last sunday, water was 3 ft or so below the road leading into my Camp below Dumas/Yancopin.......Monday it was ankle deep over the road....Friday night, it was over knee deep.....and the river isn't due to crest until Wednesday!!!!!
Ya thats wat josh was tellin me last sunday.

I no there is alot of water there

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Just talked to another of the members that was down there this weekend...listening for turkey, and he said the water was at the bottom of the mail box, that we have at the Gate, for signing in/out...........the mail box is just over waist high to me, and I'm 5'10".........

·
Registered
883 Posts
I can show you a picture of one of those "Road under Water" signs. As well as a struggling to breath mailbox. Both from around Augusta on the White last weekend....

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
And the heck of a note, the first 4 photo's D&D posted were suppose to be on the "Dry" side of the levy!!!:smack: That is water out the White that has backed all the way up the Cache from Clarendon, some 20 plus miles. With the new rain they are recieving up north in Missorri & Illinois that will raise the Mississippi more & the rainfall we are predected to get here today & tommorow, it may be a long time before this water can run out.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I'll throw out a few I took also from the Bradford, Olyphant, and Newport areas.

Hwy 14 Sign

Road going into OLD GLAISE

BUNGEE @ NEWPORT

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
We're on some of the highest ground down here,,,,water's less than 200 yds from the house now; but according to the National Weather Service site, it's crested at St. Charles & is falling at Clarendon.....if'n the Mississippi will hold off....we just might make it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The Flood of '08 looks like it is about to get deeper in April then it did in March. Just in time for most to have got cleaned up from the first flood.:smack:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I played golf today down at Rebsamen GC along the river and I can tell you that parts of it is going to be flooded by Sunday. Across the river parts of Burns Park were under water. The lake you drive over on number 12 Par 5 is rising with water from the river poring in. Just a matter of time.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts