Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flee season has started early this year, for me. :mad:
I have been burning the hay bedding to get rid of it.
I am using 10% perminthum @ 2-3 times what is recommended and not seeing very much progress yet. Spraying the affected areas 1-2 times a day for the last 4 days. :banghead:
Been looking at some 38% “seven liquid” next, possibly?
10 % seven dust has absolutely 0 effect on my flee problem?:head:

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
964 Posts
I am having a bad flee problem as well. I've never had flees like i do this year. I've sprayed my yard with some new spray by Adams that hooks into your water hose, and i am not seeing any changes. I have to spray my dogs each day with Adams flee and tick mist plus and each day there are at least 50-100 flees that come off. I don't know what else to try.

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,957 Posts
I use frontline or promeris on my dogs and cedar chips for bedding. Seems to work. :up:
Frontline or promeris keeps the ticks off too.

·
Administrator
40,948 Posts
Bayer Tree & Shrub

Put about 1 1/2 cc's on the dogs neck just like you would if you were using Frontline.

I didnt believe it till I tried it myself but it works.

·
Administrator
40,948 Posts
I bought it at Home Depot but any store with a lawn and garden department should carry it. I might be wrong but I think I saw it at Wal Mart.

This is what it looks like:

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/product/Tree-Shrub-Insect-Control/concentrate.html

I know that isnt what its made for but I visit a beagling site quite a bit and alot of the guys there were talking about how well it works so I decided to try it and it seems to work pretty good.

It does a heck of a job on fleas but it doesnt really do a whole lot about ticks.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I use cedar shavings for my dog's bedding. I use some stuff like Frontline that was on clearance for half price and I have not had a problem with fleas or ticks. I also wash my slab with bleach often.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bayer Tree & Shrub

Put about 1 1/2 cc's on the dogs neck just like you would if you were using Frontline.

I didnt believe it till I tried it myself but it works.
Been using it for the last year. I put about 4 cc on a 40-50lb dog every 30 days during the warm months. I got some dogs on a slab, and I got dogs on a chain on the ground...No fleas on any of my dogs.:up:

·
Administrator
40,948 Posts
I should have said that my "dosage" is for beagles. A bigger dog would probably need a little more.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, I imagine those beagles do require a little less. The dosage I use is what the guys on squirreldog.com recomended. It seems to be the real deal and has shown no side effects so far...I even put on the cat which was a walking flea bag and it wiped them out.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Bayer Tree and SHrub spray is the exact same stuff as advantage flea drops.

Brand Name: Advantage (Bayer)
Active Ingredient(s): Imidacloprid (9.1%)

Brand Name: Bayer Tree and Shrub
Active Ingredients: Imidacloprid 1.47%

To convert the tree and shrub product to the same exact dosages recommended for Advantage use the table below.

dog wt. Mg / lb ML of the 1.47% sol to apply (14.7mg / ml

10 45 3.06
20 90 6.12
30 135 9.18
40 180 12.24
50 225 15.3
60 270 18.36
70 315 21.43
80 360 24.49
90 405 27.55
100 450 30.61

I still use spray on pymethrin for ticks. The Bayer kills some of them but not like the pymethrin.

I hope this helps you guys out.

·
Administrator
40,948 Posts
It helped alot! :thumb:

I knew I had seen a post on the other site where someone had said it was the same ingredient that was in a well known product but I couldnt remember what it was.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just gave 4 dogs a dose of the Bayer. Started out with 5 cc per dog.
Been using the pymethrin on the dogs, at triple strength, on the pen lawn and slabs
twice per day, for 7 days in a row now. Still lots of scratching but instead of
dozens of flees on me now when I walk in the pens it is down to 5-10.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts