Fixing hunting boots ?

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by gunslinger66, Dec 16, 2012.

1. gunslinger66

gunslinger66 Account Suspended

I have a pair of muck wetlands and the rubber sole is working off, have any of you found a good adhesive that will stand up to heavy hunting in water to reattach this sole. I have tried shoe goo and it worked for a while but eventually let go (on a different pair).

2. ozark outdoorsman

ozark outdoorsman Account Suspended

MMM window urethane like used to glue windshields in. Make sure it is clean and dry first. Let it cure for a few days is possible.

I have patched big holes that I ripped in boots and literally pieced boots back together with it. It is about $15-$18 a tube. There are cheaper brands, but.....

3. kfarm

kfarm Well-Known Member

I've used gorilla glue before on work boots don't know about being water proof.

4. loki

loki Well-Known Member

Try this stuff. I'm given to understand wally world has it.

5. Delbert

Delbert Well-Known Member

The Urethane is great as is buytal rubber works great also. I glued sole on a pair of Merrill two years ago and they are still fine.

6. schaps72

schaps72 Well-Known Member

I used gorilla glue on both of the soles on my boys boots. He's hard on everything and so far so good.

7. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I patched a couple holes I poked in my mucks this year with a frogg togg patch kit. I don't know if it'd work for gluing on an entire sole though. One time, at work, we glued a guys work boots to the floor with gorilla glue and when we came in the next morning they were stuck good. Took a shovel and pry bar to get 'em loose. Ruined the boots and pulled the tile up off the floor. Hilarious though :biggrin:

8. tyhunter23

tyhunter23 Well-Known Member

Like stated above gorilla glue has worked for me in the past.

9. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

get you some epoxy, I'm sure aqua seal would work but pretty sure it's the same as shoe goo.

10. stick slinger

stick slinger Well-Known Member

I glued the soles on my boots yesterday with gorilla glue, seems ok, but haven't put them on yet. The bottle said it is waterproof, but I'll let it set and cure for a while just to make sure. I guess I'll putbthem to the test this weekend.

11. Gumbo Guru

Gumbo Guru Member<br>2013-14 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Now that's funny:biggrin:

12. RAZOR_DEER

RAZOR_DEER Well-Known Member

Shoe Goo!, I use will swear by it. Just need to make sure you have a way to clamp the sole to the shoe. I have a pair of cheap stalking boots that I love and have glued them in every place imaginable and they are still going strong.

13. KemperCamper

KemperCamper Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

shoo goo x 2

14. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

I've had good luck patching waders with Aqua Seal. It should work on boots as an adhesive, too.

15. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

Aside from all this, like Mucks page on Facebook. A buddy of mine did and told them his seams were starting to separate and leak. He asked what he could do to fix them beside aqua seal and Mucks asked for his address, boot size and the model of boot he had. Couple weeks later he had a brand new pair at his front door.

16. gunslinger66

gunslinger66 Account Suspended

The store I bought them at said it had been too long since I bought them to return them but I never thought to contact muck themselves, it may be worth a try. i went to Atwoods and bought some "Amazing Goop Automative adhesive" and it is working really well but who knows how long it will last. I have used shoe goo before and it works pretty good but just didn't hold up very long so I was just looking for something that would last longer. Thanks for all the replys if this dont work I will try some of these others, I will let ya'll know what muck says.

17. GotPork

GotPork Select Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>The Naked Retrei

Yep, I have a pair of hip waders that I was gonna chunk because of about 10 small holes from bustin through briar patches hog huntin, then I decided to patch em and wear them when I am pressure washin all these euro mounts. They work good for that but they look funny with about 10 quarter size chunks of goop on em. I honestly dont think that they would be 100percent water proof anymore though!! But they serve their purpose!!

18. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I have used hog rings in the past....people made remarks like "hey road warrior where ya headed" and "hey Frankenstein"....but they worked ! Only took about 8 or nine around the toe welt....if it's very bad, you may want to squeeze some shoe goo in the crack first. In an emergency you can always go Mr. T and use duck tape!:biggrin: