Arkansas Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
They make a broad head besides a grim reaper? In all seriousness I’ve shot deer with the reaper, rages, montecs, slick tricks and a few others. If I had to shoot a fixed blade I’d definitely have to go dig my slick tricks back out but long as I’ve got the choice I’m running the reapers. Have my wife set up with the Xbow reapers as well with zero complaints and unbelievable blood trails. Haven’t had many make it out of sight

·
Registered
20,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I read a few articles that said Real Men shoot fixed blades....
Really? Funny stuff

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Years ago there was a Canadian company making broad heads I liked to shoot at the time out of my recurve. After talking with them I sent them some damascus I made for a special run of broad heads for my self. ...memo to self....never do that again...I had to buy them a new set of dies cause my steel ruint their dies after the third one pressed out.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Years ago there was a Canadian company making broad heads I liked to shoot at the time out of my recurve. After talking with them I sent them some damascus I made for a special run of broad heads for my self. ...memo to self....never do that again...I had to buy them a new set of dies cause my steel ruint their dies after the third one pressed out.
How long did those 3 last? Kill anything with them? I bet they would bounce off an Ozark rock like Michelangelo’s chisel off David’s head, and keep on trucking!

·
Registered
20,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
You seem like a Man who appreciates the finer things in Life. You deserve to shoot broadheads made of nothing but the finest steel by the hands of true artisan craftsman! Unless @Fisk is going to get into the broadhead game, those are deserving.
You do have a good sense of tuition I must say. Only other posters I know on here like me is @tmeredith @Remington and @jackie53 which like the finer things in life and frankly we deserve the finer things as hard as we work. I just might have to look deeper in these artisan broadheads.

·
Premium Member
19,374 Posts
You do have a good sense of tuition I must say. Only other posters I know on here like me is @tmeredith @Remington and @jackie53 which like the finer things in life and frankly we deserve the finer things as hard as we work. I just might have to look deeper in these artisan broadheads.
I knap my own from obsidian....

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
You’re definitely in an #Elite crowd there for sure. The thing that strikes me as the most admirable characteristic of you all, is you’re ability to remain so down to Earth, easy going, and relate to the common man so very well. It really is inspiring....

·
Registered
20,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
You’re definitely in an #Elite crowd there for sure. The thing that strikes me as the most admirable characteristic of you all, is you’re ability to remain so down to Earth, easy going, and relate to the common man so very well. It really is inspiring....
I’ve had great mentoring over the years.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I watched a so called test other day. Guy was shooting fixed and mechanical broadheads into a mud tire. He was shoot mechanical 100 gr fixed blade 150gr . He said a fixed would go deeper. And it did in the test . He said most fixed blade leave a small cutting hole. Compared to a mechanical broadhead. I dont think the test was too fair. Should all been the same wieght. All the heads was shot out of a new Excalibur crossbow.

·
Super Moderator
11,217 Posts
I watched a so called test other day. Guy was shooting fixed and mechanical broadheads into a mud tire. He was shoot mechanical 100 gr fixed blade 150gr . He said a fixed would go deeper. And it did in the test . He said most fixed blade leave a small cutting hole. Compared to a mechanical broadhead. I dont think the test was too fair. Should all been the same wieght. All the heads was shot out of a new Excalibur crossbow.
Look up john lusk archery broadhead tests on youtube, he does a good job and is consistent.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Yea bad test. We aint huntin tires either.. That one Austin mentioned is good, ive watched his stuff.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts