Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you prefer and why? I haven't shot a fix blade in a very long time and now that I shoot a crossbow, I wonder how the fix blade market is for crossbows. But verticle bows are indeed shooting the same or close. Olde argument about mechanicals is they don't penetrate as much, but the old argument on fix blade is you have to tune each broadhead to each arrow. Educate me please on latest technology on tipping my arrows with fire and fury. I might be willing to swap back to fix if the argument is strong enough. If not, I'll stick with my mechanicals.

·
Premium Member
29,424 Posts
We have shot eight or ten deer with various rages - as long as the weight is equal, I dont see much difference point of impact - 2/3” group at 40 yards out of two different model Ravin’s. Three of the deer were 200 lbs or more. One deer at 45 yards. Every shot a clean pass through - even with the 2” heads. Also killed two bears. One bear a chest shot pass through - another 300 lb bear was hit in spine at front of shoulder blades. Arrow did not pass through - but bear dropped right there.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Killed an exorbitant amount of deer with Wasp Hammer SST 100gr and then Muzzy 3blade 100gr., on top of all the other BS I whacked em with. Went to Chinadermics and man oh man what a game changer. My 58lb 2013 Darton is absolute poison with a Axis 5mm and a Chinadermic. Obviously im not a latest and greatest guy... and Dilligaf on what anyone says about Rage Hypos. I assure you they are absolutely devastating.

·
Registered
Elite V37, muzzy broadheads
5,156 Posts
I have shot mechanical and fixed. I am currently shooting fixed blade. The original muzzy 125 3 blade and magnus stinger 125 grain. Either will kill and either is fine (in most cases) but I just prefer non moving and solid broadheads. It is just a preference thing

Reactions: JB Weld

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Mechanical. I shoot rages but have also shot the chinadermics. The only reason I don't hunt with chinadermics is they are wobbly when I spin tested them. The rages spin good. I have also used the dead meats. I have some Rocky Mtn mechanicals that I want to try. I have heard good things about the DeepPower mechanicals off of Amazon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts