Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I are going bass fishing on the White River refuge near Ethel on Saturday. Any recommendations on best lakes to bass fish and any other information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
The best bass fishing lakes I've fished in the last couple years is Moon Lake and Belknap and Little Belknap. The waters is gonna be up so you'll have plenty of trees to throw around. A Devils Horse like hortonhunter said or a pop-R for the early bite and after that I always do best with a chartruse Trick Worm & a black jig.

The Refuge # is 870 282 8200 if you wanna make sure on being able to launch a boat if you need a ramp.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Moon lake man I love the deer around there. BIG!!!!!!!!
bama,

I've hunted & fished Moon Lake since I was 10 years and going with my brother. I've seen some unbelivable deer from the stand and a bunch hanging in camp too. They've cut a bunch of trees and have a road going around the west side of the lake you can drive a Cadillac on now. It's screwed up big time now.:mad:

·
Registered
202 Posts
South unit

I know man I hunted it last year and was very disappointed. I think it was so thick that the deer just couldn't be seen. I saw alot of scrapes and rubs more towards the river but never any big bucks, I guess they were working them at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.