Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I made a quick trip to Greer's Ferry yesterday afternoon. We did not leave the house until 1:30 pm and only got to fish about two hours before the rain started moving in. We caught several real nice Crappie on jigs and brought a nice mess of fish home.
I really enjoyed fishing with my son. We don't get to go very often now days. :thumb:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Those are nice Syl. I love to crappie fish. Looks like it's still cold there. It was cold in the morning where I fished but warmed up to shorts weather and t-shirts during the day.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Way to go Slyamore!:biggrin: I wish the water situation would straighten out here so our fishing would get good. Nimrod is falling ,but still 16' high and more rain perdicted.:frown:

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greer's Ferry was about 4 feet above normal pool yesterday. The way it raining right now it is really going to be on the rise.

You folks down stream of the White River, get ready. It is almost out of it's banks at Allison, AR and it is pouring down rain right now.

Got to get off of here for a while the lightning is really popping and I see we are in another tornado watch zone today. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I meant to share that the crappie were caught on a Road Runner jig, red head and white twister grub.
About 12 to 20 feet deep and hit the jig very lightly. Almost hard to detect the strike. The jig is 1/4 oz. and on 6# line on a ultra light spinning rod and reel. We were casting to the bank and working the jig just fast enough to try and keep it from hanging up into 20 to 25 feet depth. I sure love to fish for crappie that way. :thumb:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,029 Posts
I meant to share that the crappie were caught on a Road Runner jig, red head and white twister grub.
About 12 to 20 feet deep and hit the jig very lightly. Almost hard to detect the strike. The jig is 1/4 oz. and on 6# line on a ultra light spinning rod and reel. We were casting to the bank and working the jig just fast enough to try and keep it from hanging up into 20 to 25 feet depth. I sure love to fish for crappie that way. :thumb:
Wait a minute, Syl....you sure that was your son?? I mean how will you prove that he wasn't just a "fishing guide" that had a special spot all baited up??:confused: :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep! He's mine and he just turned 40 last month.
I invested a half million dollars in biscuits to feed that boy up until he left home when he turned 21 years old. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts