Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the mike Huckabee nature center today and its located amongst some great natural land given that pine bluff is more of an urban setting.

Has anyone fished around this area in either the river, Sacaren Lake(lake pine bluff) land Lang over or black dog lake?

I have read that he river in this area in known for big bass and rick column caught the record weight during a BASS tournament.

The area around the nature center is a beautiful area that looks like it would BE great fishing. I took my son here today and walked the trail out back and was a group of deer foraging by the creek that runs behind there.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Fished crappie in Lake Pine Bluff Plenty of times . Always fished in a flat bottom boat with a pole(minnows) around anything standing with 4ft of water..Nice Crappie and channel cat. There was a creek around the back of the lake by the boat ramp that always had lots of shad by the spillways..Easy place to get bait for cat fishing.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. Good to eat from?
Are all the fished stocked like a put and take pond or are the dish native and wild breeding?

Only reason I ask is because I've had stacked trout and its not very good from the hatchery.

So I'm guessing all farm raised fish that are raised on Purina fish pellets pretty much taste the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts