Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my wife and I are looking to go on a fishing /sucluded camping trip on Bull Shoals. Is that possibble? Can you take your boat, ice chest, tent etc and camp back in a cove or shoreline somewhere? We like to camp where there is no people. Anyone have any suggestions to the best place to go if we can't do the total isolation thing?
Thanks in advance. I love this site.
Ozarkian

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you much for the replies. I just went ahead and took the bait on buying a used boat. We had one and sold it a few years ago, but, we live on a watershed lake that has been pretty good to us over the years. Thing is it has gone down hill bad, plus, there's something in the air at our age (mid 50's)that just makes us want to get the heck out of dodge sometimes. Know what I mean?
BTW, I bought a stored 2003 Bass Tracker Pro Team 175 TX., loaded, with a 50 Merc ELPTO. It looks like brand new.
Went in debt but what the heck, I'm tired of waiting to live! Sometimes you wait till it's too late.

Thanks again,
Ozarkian

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
On most lakes in arkansas you can camp on islands or shore lines and coves, no problem. may even look up a topo map and find some trails into coves, that way you can drive your truck in there to.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Bull Shoals is a Corps of Engineers lake, and the Corps has a law against camping on the islands. I think that their law says it is only permissable to camp on their designated campsites and all of these are in the campgrounds. Most of the time they seem to be OK with it, but you never know who is going to be out there from the Corps. You might want to call the Corps office and find out what they have to say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.