Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went looking for a fish,depth finder and found out these dudes can get very expensive. Up to $1000 for one with everything but the kitchen sink! :eek:
All i need is a "depth" and fish finder with water temp etc... basic things.:thanks:

I'm thinking Hummingbird or Eagle costing jut under $200 dollars. Anything you kind folks can tell me on either would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I've got portable Eagle. It doesn't have much more on it other than depth and structure/bottom. I think I paid around $150 for it 5 or 6 years ago. I use it mostly for finding deep holes in the river.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I think that anything around the price of the 1 you listed is a decent price. Mine has really helped on learning the river. There's some 60-65 foot water that I set my lines out in during the winter and it's put some huge numbers of fish in my boat. Never would've known it was there without my depth finder.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that anything around the price of the 1 you listed is a decent price. Mine has really helped on learning the river. There's some 60-65 foot water that I set my lines out in during the winter and it's put some huge numbers of fish in my boat. Never would've known it was there without my depth finder.
Thanks Jerry, i'm hoping i have some of that good luck this season. My son had just bought a boat and we are fixin it up. :up: :twothumbs
Needing paddles, life vests, etc.... Going to have to get into the savings account and bite the bullet so to speak.. any money spent on huntin and fishin is well spent money in my book.:thumb:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,810 Posts
I alway use a crappie jig to find the fish...caught ever kind of fish on one....and it will tell ya perty quick how deep it is too...snag!:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts