Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw my first fawn of the year behind my house. I have a feeder set up year-round and see deer daily. Not quite sure what to make of June first as this is quite late for my first sighting of the year. I have in the past seen fawns as early as March and as late as October.

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
i saw a lil bitty one yesterday, but i know of one seen two weeks ago. a 200 day gestation period from now, gets back roughly to the MG opener. so i guess one could surmise they could be breeding as early as the last full week in october??

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I saw my first one about a week and a half ago. It was lying in the middle of a trail as I was driving my tractor to work on a food plot. I got off the tractor to take a picture of it but it ran off before I could get the photo.

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
This is about the usual time that we see most of the little ones around here.
I haven't seen any yet but have heard of a few being seen.
Last weekend I came across a doe that barely move off the 4-wheeler trail and by the way she was acting I'd be willing to bet that there was a little near.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.