Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get on some more positive subjects other than the hatred for KM and OOSER's.

Where did you kill your first duck?

Who were you with?

I killed mine in Bayou Meto hunting with my Dad.
It was a greenhead.

· Registered
1,117 Posts
Bang slough outside of Calion AR with my Uncle. I shot about a box of shells and killed one Mallard hen:doh: I guess thats been about 16 years ago. My dad hunted but didnt duck hunt much. It was my Uncle that really took me duck hunting starting when I was about 14. I sure do miss him.

· Premium Member
30,915 Posts
Hunting on a slough with my dad and granddad, just off the Missouri River in NW MO. I was shooting a double barrel Newport .410. Not sure if I even killed one, but my dad and granddad convinced me I did. I got to help oar the old cypress plank boat out to the blind. I still remember it like it was yesterday. We had a faded cotton bag that my grandma had got up early and made biscuits and thick cut bacon that was wrapped up in tin foil and then wrapped with newspaper and put in the bag we carried. About half the decoys were wooden - and heavy. My grandad was shooting a Win model 97 pump gun - the kind with the hammer. I still have that gun. We did not wear waders - those green rubber boots that did not quite come up to your knee - feet about froze off. The year was 1961.

· Registered
759 Posts
Best friends took me to augusta and 1st group came in I shot and a gw drake fell. I remember there was alot of birds flying around and my best friend said "days like this doesn't come often" if im not mistaken he mentioned he never had seen that many before.

We have many more hunting excursions since.

· Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner
2,316 Posts
my first duck was a woodie in the middle of a rice field in Cash AR. I believe i was a sophmore in high school. it came in flying right at us, i shot and the duck almost fell into the blind with us. i didnt even have to get out of the blind to pick it up. that was the most memorable duck hunts i have ever been on.

· Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner
996 Posts
I was 11 and was with my Grandpa and Dad at lake Nimrod and it was a greenhead. Now almost 20 years later I'm taking my grandpa with me in the morning, so hopefully I can repay the favor to him since he is the one who got me started in this sport.

· Registered
50 Posts
First duck hunt was on private ground on what is now the Overflow headquarters. Me and a friend went first time for both of us. He had waders I had disposable waders and got wet. Learned how to finish ducks off as we could not afford the shells! Awesome time did not realize just how lucky we were at the time.

· Registered
7,387 Posts
Honestly I can't even remember my first duck. I bet it didn't make it home with me though. I can't even remember my first duck hunt. I mean, I remember a bunch of the first ones but I can't remember which one came before which. :smack:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.