Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all Im new to the site, well here is the story 10/05/08 was a very productive morning saw three doe just out of shooting range. so went back that afternoon in the same stand saw two yearlings and a big doe at 15 yards so here it goes i draw my truth bow took aim and released the arrow
but something was not right about the arrow flight i had shot over the back of her , well as i was sitting in the stand wondering what i had done i felt a warm feeling on my hand . i looked at my hand and i was bleeding pretty good . So thats why my arrow had a funny flight. my rage two blade expandable had opened up and run across my index finger. so needless to say i checked my arrow for blood , and my blood was on the arrow. just thought i would share this with everyone so be careful when shooting these expandables.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hey Cohn welcome to the board. Theres a great bunch on here. Wrap tht finger up and dont give up. All these guys got me pumped up about bow huntin. 52 years old and never tried it. May have to get some training from one of them so I'll be ready for next season.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Theres no quit in me. ill be back in the woods tuesday ready for another crack at it but i wont be shooting those expandables i went out and bought some muzzys . hopefully these muzzy will have an early breakfast lol

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
It wasn't the expandables that are to blame.....it was where you were holding your finger...if you aren't careful, those muzzy's you bought will do a better job on your finger than the rage.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know thats what happeneds when you shoot open handed and not carefull , i just dint want it in the back of my mind when im at full draw with the big one in the sights lol .... btw im not at all knocking on the expandables its just a mental thing now.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I'm bad about shooting open handed and trying to break myself of it. Just get in the habit of curling your fingers and barely touching with the tips of your fingers. Hope it's not too sore :smack:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I am glad it is no worse than it was. I shoot open handed to but I have learned to point my finger downward. I started that method since I had a real bad habit of torqueing when I was shooting and believe me I pay attention when I am at full draw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.