Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is strong evidence the squirrels are cutting Hickory Nuts right now.

It was 57 degrees at daylight this morning. I saw a few squirrels but did not get many shots. The females are nesting and not very active. Hope everyone had a good safe hunt. :thumb:

·
Registered
623 Posts
we had a good acorn and hickory nut crop this year and the squirrels are thick. most of the tree rats in my neck of the woods are young grey squirrels. i killed 5 (4 greys and 1 fox) and will be in the woods bright and early tomorrow. although, i am feeling the strong urge to take a .22, i figure i will take my scatter gun as my remington targetmaster isn't out of the shop yet. needless to say i am anxiously waiting to try out my new, antique, squirrel weapon.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
There is strong evidence the squirrels are cutting Hickory Nuts right now.

It was 57 degrees at daylight this morning. I saw a few squirrels but did not get many shots. The females are nesting and not very active. Hope everyone had a good safe hunt. :thumb:
You should of shot a round through the hickory nut first while he was still holding onto it and then shot the squirrel:biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.